Good Old Richard Branson

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Committing more than $3billion over 10 years to fight global warming.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
all this stuff about global warming?

why dont we just get everyone to leave their fridge doors open for an hour a day, surely that would cool the world down a bit

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Albion Dan said:
PR crap, hes actually a tight bastard who wants to make not lose money.

He hasnt even got $3 billion.

glass.jpg

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The next thing hes moving into is stem cell research in the States.

In fact the only thing hes really interested in at the moment is promoting the Virgin brand in the U.S so this is probably PR to help that.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Miserablists?

Im only talking from experience having worked for the bloke for the last 13 years.

Ive just read the press release and he says that hell be donating all profits from Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Trains. Well the Airline doesnt make anything like that amount of late and I dont think VT has ever turned a profit.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Albion Dan said:
Miserablists?

Im only talking from experience having worked for the bloke for the last 13 years.

Ive just read the press release and he says that hell be donating all profits from Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Trains. Well the Airline doesnt make anything like that amount of late and I dont think VT has ever turned a profit.

Why don't you ask him to explain then next time you see him? Let us know what he says.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Albion Dan said:
I dont need to ask him. I know its PR, and to be honest Im not that fussed what he does or says anyway.

So what you're saying is that of all the ways in which he could come up with some decent publicity, he has chosen a method that will:

a) cost him a lot of money
b) result in a lot of negative publicity if he doesn't come through with the goods?

If he comes through with $3billion over ten years for research and development in this important area, whatever his motive, I for one think it is a good thing.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
If he comes through with $3billion over ten years for research and development in this important area, whatever his motive, I will be ASTONISHED!

How can he come up with $3 billion when he doesnt even have that money? The guy is a walking PR machine.

Sorry to dissapoint.

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Albion Dan said:
Iguy is a walking PR machine.

Yep, and a VERY successful one. Good on him.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Richard Branson is Lord B's Son

FACT

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
watsongooal said:
Richard Branson is Lord B's Son

FACT

He is also the long lost twin of Noel Edmonds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports