good news for PS3 owner....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
İbrahim Tatlıses;3665321 said:
Only buy this if you have no interest in playing online. Only a matter of weeks before Sony counter this with a firmware update like last time.

There was no 'last time' - this is the first. Still unconfirmed how hard/easy it will be for Sony to patch this as it is based on the ps3 boot sequence and could have considerable implications for Sonys own repair/recovery process. For example, certain parts of the Wii hacks can never be patched as Nintendo themselves need to use the processes.

Another case in point - the PSP - Sony product, compromised through a pretty similar 'service' mode, and firmware updates routinely hacked within hours so the exploits still work.

So yes, will certainly be countered (for future games, if you didn't update you could still have 100's of games for free...) but don't be certain just yet that would prevent this hack ongoing...

Albiontilligetold

Jun 15, 2010
you can play games online that were released before the hack was, and the jail break is able to update to, i have ordered mine already and will post results when i get it! lucky for me i have 2 ps3 cause one broke and i thought it was unfixable but it wasnt, so will try it out on that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports