Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good news for cricket fans

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
whilst the choice is a little underwhelming (the T20 stuff I mean) I'd pretty much watch whatever was available so at least a bit pleased about this :thumbsup:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Jeez, some people are never satisfied. This isn't aimed at anyone on this thread, but a lot of the time the broadcasting of cricket has been discussed on here people have moaned that it isn't on free-to-air channels. So the BBC splash out our money (whether you like cricket or not) and now apparently they're going to broadcast the 'wrong sort' of cricket. You can bet the last of your licence fee that if the tournament had been broadcast exclusively on a subscription channel people would have complained that cricket fans were being denied the chance to see this great new event.

The BBC can't broadcast all cricket; there's too much of it. That's why it's great that there are dedicated sports channels so that people who do like sport are able to watch it without clogging up the national airways with stuff that doesn't interest vast swathes of the population. And as it's the BBC as I mentioned above: I'm not sure that non-cricket lovers are thrilled that their cash is being spent in this manner. Actually that's wrong, I'm 100% sure seeing as even cricket lovers are moaning!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here