Good/cheap Internet and phone line?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Having just cancelled my sky, Can anyone recommend and good internet and phone line provider? I know BT are doing quite a good deal at the moment?
thanks

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Not quite answering your question but I recently installed a Vonage line via my modem - choose your own area code and phone number, crystal clear line, all the gadgets, and it's about £10 a month or something silly. My broadband is with Talk Talk - never had a problem with them even dating back to the Tiscali days.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Been with BT for just over a year now, Been excellent tbh had a few modem issues at start but they replaced them without question until it was sorted.

Don't over run your usage though if your not Unlimited Broadband it got very expensive (But then I guess that's true for all ISP)

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Think talk talk do the best deal, unlimited broadband, free landline calls, and if you pay the line rental up front it all works out at around £20 a month, also you can add 500 mins to anytime mobile calls for an extra £5!

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I'd avoid BT if you can help it.

Be Broadband seem to get generally favourable reviews and you can have a landline and unlimited broadband package for £27 a month which is very competitive.

I am paying about £34 a month for my landline and broadband with TalkTalk and whilst until fairly recently I'd have recommended them I have really noticed a drop in the quality of the service so am now thinking about going elsewhere.

O2 will give you a good rate on their broadband service if you're already a mobile customer. £25.50 a month all in for unlimited usage is very decent.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Changed to Talk Talk about six months ago. Package includes unlimited Internet, unlimited landline calls including 0845 numbers plus 500 minutes of calls to any mobile per month. About £29 a month. Internet is generally quick & reliable.

I've had problems with their billing though. I kept getting billed for the wrong plan. Finally got sorted at the third attempt.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Having just cancelled my sky, Can anyone recommend and good internet and phone line provider? I know BT are doing quite a good deal at the moment?
thanks

Why did you cancel Sky? Were you unhappy with pricing/service etc? I have my tv, broadband and phone with Sky and am generally pleased with them. I have looked into moving my Broadband and phone elsewhere (always looking for a better deal) but the Sky package is quite good pricewise when you have all three together.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
O2 will give you a good rate on their broadband service if you're already a mobile customer. £25.50 a month all in for unlimited usage is very decent.

Unless you use peer to peer, this is throttled permanently not just at peek periods.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Another on Talk Talk here, the customer service is appalling, second only to Orange in my opinion but they DO offer the best deal (for me) and in 17 months I think we have not had our internet down so can't moan about that either.

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
Talk Talk for me, been with them for years, excellent deal if you need international calls 24/7

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Why did you cancel Sky? Were you unhappy with pricing/service etc? I have my tv, broadband and phone with Sky and am generally pleased with them. I have looked into moving my Broadband and phone elsewhere (always looking for a better deal) but the Sky package is quite good pricewise when you have all three together.

This. I have the basic phone package and unlimited broadband, and as I also have TV as well, the phone and Broadband work out at £21 per month.

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
Had big problems with Talk Talk. Months of trying to work out what the problem with the line was (speeds not reaching anything above 0.1mbs). Had a BT engineer out to check the line, nothing wrong with it, said it was a problem with Talk Talk. They said there was no problem with the connection.

In the process of leaving them now and now the speed has miraculously reached a more respectable 2.5mbps.

A day of going from Talk Talk to BT trying to get a MAC code to work. Took 3 different people at Talk Talk before a manager gave a correct MAC code. Also confirmed some of the junior staff were telling lies (such as saying we had to wait for old MAC code to expire before being able to request a new one).

In sum, we had a poor service and even worse customer service when trying to leave. The technical staff were polite but didn't seem to go the extra mile to help.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
The reason i wanted to leave sky is that they kept messing my bill up, and when i tried sorting it, there customer service was so bad. might end up going back to them after reading about talk talk now tho! my sky TV, line rental, phone and internet was £30 a month, thats with sky+

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Utility Warehouse £13.75 a month for phone and £2.99 for internet for first 9 months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports