Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone Retail Park

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
f***ing hell, you've just made me realise that that kind of thing is now happening. f***ing glory boy people on our Goldstone buying bloody glory boy shirts. Sakes, it makes my blood boil.

20 years ago it's not something I would've imagined doing but such is life eh!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I looked for a brighton shirt and couldnt find one in JJB so I ended up buying an Arsenal shirt for a birthday present for a mates little girl.

I have no idea why you can only buy our own stuff in the club shop....its madness

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
f***ing hell, you've just made me realise that that kind of thing is now happening. f***ing glory boy people on our Goldstone buying bloody glory boy shirts. Sakes, it makes my blood boil.

So all the people who go up from Brighton to see London clubs on a Saturday ( check out every station in Sussex on a match day and you see every flavour of shirt) are "f***ing glory boys".....no wonder other fans recon we are up our own arses when comments like that appear....

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
So all the people who go up from Brighton to see London clubs on a Saturday ( check out every station in Sussex on a match day and you see every flavour of shirt) are "f***ing glory boys".....no wonder other fans recon we are up our own arses when comments like that appear....

Yes, they are glory boys.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
I went in JJB today. Ive never had an issue going there. Every time i go there i think about the Albion but the memories i have will never go away, so to me it doesn't matter if i go there or not.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I have no desire to purchase anything much from JJB Sports, Burger King, Toys'r'Us or Comet, so have not shopped there. I would have no qualms about shopping their regularly. A place of happy memories.

I lie. I have shopped there once and bought a handheld radio from Comet that is now in the hands of a blind man in Malawi.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Me neither allthough it did seem a bit odd the last time I went there given I was buying my nipper a new Chelsea shirt for his birthday.

thats possibly one of the most disappointing thing ive ever read on this board.

i too hope all the shops there close and the land returned to a lush green park. im not talking about the companies involved, just those particular branches. some of us promised never to go there again, just as many boycotted Fuckoff DIY. it wont change anything but surely if you make such a stand, you have to stick to it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
thats possibly one of the most disappointing thing ive ever read on this board.

i too hope all the shops there close and the land returned to a lush green park. im not talking about the companies involved, just those particular branches. some of us promised never to go there again, just as many boycotted Fuckoff DIY. it wont change anything but surely if you make such a stand, you have to stick to it.

People make all sorts of promises as do political parties - look at labour now compared to what they were 20 years ago.

Time and emotions move on.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Slightly relevant to the thread in that I've just come back from the Pompey game and with a ground with four sides covered and about 17 000 in attendance, there was actually noise. Not like the hear a pin drop Withdean.

Can't wait for Falmer to be built and to hear 22 500 souls singing their lungs out!

Brilliant!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Slightly relevant to the thread in that I've just come back from the Pompey game and with a ground with four sides covered and about 17 000 in attendance, there was actually noise. Not like the hear a pin drop Withdean.

Can't wait for Falmer to be built and to hear 22 500 souls singing their lungs out!

Brilliant!

My nipper has just had a chalk & cheese weekend when it comes to football. Saturday afternoon sat in the east stand at Withdean getting soaking wet in near silence, And then this afternoon at Stamford Bridge sat under a roof with over 40,000 fans creating an atmosphere. It's pointless me asking him which one he prefered.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I looked for a brighton shirt and couldnt find one in JJB so I ended up buying an Arsenal shirt for a birthday present for a mates little girl.

I have no idea why you can only buy our own stuff in the club shop....its madness

One, you can buy it elsewhere.

Two, these chains have central purchasing offices. Naturally, Brighton shirts wouldn't figure high in their national sales.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
One, you can buy it elsewhere.

Two, these chains have central purchasing offices. Naturally, Brighton shirts wouldn't figure high in their national sales.

The French only sell their club football team shirts by and large in their retail chains - good decision as well.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007

Yes, absolutely, because they're mostly the kind of armchair fan day-trippers who don't realise that there's more to football than a once-a-season trip to the capital to sit in overpriced seats with zero atmosphere just because Arsenal happen to be on the TV every week. If the kind of football fan they like being is the one who puts on a smug voice and says "yeah, but you're shit" but has only ever been to 3 games live then fine, but I don't think that's a proper fan. But the people accepting the ludicrous prices of merchandise and ticket prices, as well as shunning their local clubs just so they can try and spot themselves on Match of the Day are also the Sky Sports fanatics who buy into the "BIG FOUR DERBY DAY - THE WHOLE WORLD CARES" hyperbole that is killing off competition in the rest of the English Football League.

I am such a snob. And I've never needed to shop at the Goldstone, I don't live that close and the selection includes such places as Toys 'R' Us and JJB. No thanks.

Jimmy Grimble

Spider :clap:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Well done Spider. Got it spot on mate.

Kids can support who they want but ultimately if they're locals with an interest in football but don't care about the Albion then they don't understand

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Ive never had any problem with shopping there.

And Spider, how do you know that these people who watch Prem games from sussex arent season ticket holders or were born in the area and then moved here?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
There was another thread about how much you would invest in the Albion if you won £50m on the lotto, well I have just worked out how I might spend some of it...I would buy up all the shops built on the site of the Goldstone, raze them to the ground and then install astro pitches for people of the city to play sport on...be that football/hockey/netball etc, surely that would be far more beneficial than a parade of shops and might help Albion fans through the trauma of what happened to our ground by playing sport on the very site of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here