Goldstone Players Question????

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pigin stripes

Jul 18, 2003
Hove
Not sure if this has been done before.....however with our last link to the Goldstone (Kerry Mayo) now gone it started me thinking to how many current professional players still playing actually played at the Goldstone.
I will start with the 4 I can think of ....but there must be more

1. Paul Dickov Derby County played for the Albion.
2. David James Portsmouth played for Watford
3. Ryan Giggs Man U played for Man U
4. David Beckham Galaxy played for Man U

Over to you guys there must be more......:albion2:

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Darren Moore who played for Doncaster on the last game is still playing somewhere isn't he? Can't remember where & can't be arsed to Google him either. Lower divisions I think?

pigin stripes

Jul 18, 2003
Hove
Barry may have trained on it, but never played, he left the summer 1997 as a trainee.
We left the Goldstone 26th April 1997. So he never returnrd as a villa player.
Lampard was with West Ham at the time , but did he actually play? cant remember !

pigin stripes

Jul 18, 2003
Hove
1992--1994 Gillingham
1994 --1997 Brentford
Again not sure we were in the same leagues but I will check could be a great shout!

1995 96 season we were relegated passing Gillingham who went up so we never met between 1992 and 96.

1996 97 season we were Division 3 and Gillingham and Brentford were Division 2, so no he never played there as far as I can see.....unless sombody else can clarify.

pigin stripes

Jul 18, 2003
Hove
Kerry might be the last playing link to the Goldstone, but there are other links still there.

Martin Hinshelwood, for one.

Agree, but this is just for fun, I was wondering if we could put together an allstars team of players who played at the Goldstone......you never know Mr Bloom might get his cheque book out and get them to Falmer for a kick about !!! :albion2:

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Robbie Blake - pretty sure he scored for Darlington when they beat us in an evening fixture (Case's last match as manager?).

Now he's scoring the winner against Man Utd :clap:

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Nicky Forster played in the first round league cup tie at the Goldstone in something like 1993. We lost the first leg 1-0 at Priestfield, but won the second 2-0 at the Goldstone. We then got drawn against Middlesbrough who won something like 5-0 and 3-1 over the two legs - first two rounds were both two legged then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports