Guiseley
Any excuse to post this beauty.

north_stand_loo.jpg

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The buzzing atmosphere and ending up 20 feet from where you stood after a surge.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Standing in the middle of the North stand with my new missus, for our match against Arsenal when we finally reached Division One.
Looked around, and realised there were lots, and lots of faces, Id never seen before, and none of them wearing scarves....left the stand, and then a cop tried to stop us moving anywhere...said to him..its about to kick off in there...he started to answer..and it kicked off.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Crowd surges, it'll never be the same without them! I used to love standing towards the back of the North Stand and then ending up down near the front after a goal was scored with my feet hardly touching the ground! Happy days! :)

The same.
Was just a boy, and never scared of getting injured. The tightly squeezed crowds meant you couldn't really fall to the concrete and get hurt.
(Also loved the same type of scrum at the front of punk and new wave gigs at the Top Rank Suite etc.)

Regarding those toilets with the corrugated tin roofs, didn't they use to have no roofs on at all, or am I wrong?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
My first evening game, Rochdale in the 71-72 promotion season, two ob let me and a mate stand on a stanchion at the back and lean on their shoulders so we could see, I was 12

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
joe kinnear testamonial,spurs in north stand,first experience of this

bristol rovers 8-2 like a 100 metres olympic final towards the south stand on the final whistle

scum night match,sammy morgan scoring an open goal

My Mum being refused entry because she was carrying a bottle of kettle descaler given to her by my Gran!

nelson73

Jan 9, 2014
lancing
Kevin Bremner telling my mate to f**k off while marking the near post for a corner( my mate had only said hello kev)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Meeting my first wife, that aside mostly they're good memories of the North Stand.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
So many, working on the gates, the surges, the amazing game when we scored two in the last 5 to win the game.

Sunderland? I remember sitting on the wall at the bottom of the north-east terrace, and hopped smartly onto the touchline after the second went in. Must have been '77, before the fences?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here