Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone Heritage Board

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Just back from the unveiling of the board by Tim Carder, Attila and Dick Knight.

Got to say it was a brilliant way to kick off the day and there was a barely a dry eye in the crowd following John's passionate poem - wonderful stuff, buzzing for this afternoon!

Last edited:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1312019865.822268.jpg

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I'll try and upload some pictures in a bit, although I'm heading out shortly so it might have to be later on (edit: seems to have been done for me!).

Severnside - I'd say there must have been over a hundred there, but I'm rubbish at estimating crowd sizes. I only went down there at the last minute and I'm glad I did - it felt like we were finally able to say a proper goodbye to the Goldstone, "on our own terms" as (I think) Tim said.

Attila's memories of the Goldstone were expressed in the usual brilliant manner. It was a fitting tribute and I would urge you to go down at some point and check out the board.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I forget to take a pic of the reverse of the board on Saturday so I took one when I passing by this afternoon. Nothing on it about the Albion, but some interesting history none the less.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1312294280.003735.jpg

:moo:

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Very nice, the old girl still deserves to be remembered fondly, but I suspect the decision not to put it behind a layer of perspex or something (if, as appears the case from the pics, they haven't) will come back to haunt them. Only takes one pillock...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here