Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone Ground (1991-92-New Pictures)

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
The facilities are agree with, but the a packed North stand was quality, especially when we scored. Miss the bundles, all very restraint these days in all-seater stadiums

110% this. The North stand was brilliant, and will always be in my heart. I miss the terracing, the atmosphere and the people. In saying that, I know if we were still there I wouldn't be able to stay in the North since becoming disabled. I would have been stuck down the end of the West stand. But I love the Amex, and am getting know the regulars that sit in the South West corner.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Great pics. You should email the guy at the footballgroundguide.com (Duncan Adams?) and get them put in the old grounds section.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Great pics but doesn't quite look like 91-92 in some of them...

Your correct-first time i have uploaded pics on here,the first 3 are from the last ever home game 1997..they were in the Donny pics thread(or should have been) all the others are in Goldstone Ground (part 2) thread-lost somewhere on NSC page 2 or 3 now.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Great pics. You should email the guy at the footballgroundguide.com (Duncan Adams?) and get them put in the old grounds section.

That's a fair shout Notters-i might just do that...

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Even though not that long ago, very few photos were taken at football grounds then by fans, compared to the plethora we have now due to technology.
These are gold dust and must be preserved.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Your correct-first time i have uploaded pics on here,the first 3 are from the last ever home game 1997..they were in the Donny pics thread(or should have been) all the others are in Goldstone Ground (part 2) thread-lost somewhere on NSC page 2 or 3 now.

Aha.. no worries!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Can't believe we used to tin can 30,000+ into that ground in the 70's now!

cyanide-sid

May 20, 2010
Worthing
First time i have got to see a collection of photos of the ground. I have seen a few randoms here and there but never gotten a proper idea of the goldstone. Cheers for the photos. THe terraces make me wish I could experience that!

Wait till you experience The Amex....... different gravy.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here