Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldson

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
£600,000 is an absolute steal. Got to tip the hat to our recruitment team this year. Other than Manu every single other player has been an excellent purchase. Goldson is the best of the bunch as well. Genuine top quality PL defender in the making.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Very impressed. Thought he looked a real prospect and will be unlucky if he has to give way to Greer next week (although I could understand why he might). Agree Dunk rode his luck but the one very poor tackle he got away with apart, he was very mobile and read danger well. Uwe will struggle to replace him unless his form dips seriously again.

This is one scenario which CH will have to manage well.

We are looking at GG approaching the end of his career (certainly as far as reliable top flight performances are concerned)

Connor Goldson is the future with or without Lewis Dunk so I hope that CH will be considering the 'push' and the future rather than perhaps feeling any 'have to play' GG because he is club captain. This whilst acknowledging the huge contribution which Gordon Greer has made over the seasons since arriving from STFC.

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009
I was worried at the start of the season when he wasn't even getting on the bench, but what a great example of taking your opportunity...shows great character in a player.

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009
This is one scenario which CH will have to manage well.

We are looking at GG approaching the end of his career (certainly as far as reliable top flight performances are concerned)

Connor Goldson is the future with or without Lewis Dunk so I hope that CH will be considering the 'push' and the future rather than perhaps feeling any 'have to play' GG because he is club captain. This whilst acknowledging the huge contribution which Gordon Greer has made over the seasons since arriving from STFC.

I think CH will see his increasingly dodgy limbs a liability to the team. Is it twice that he's left the field this season with an injury?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
The turn around started as soon as Rigwell arrived he is a leader who shepards the back line Goldson and Dunk are both benefiting from his experience, having said that I agree with the OP Goldson has slotted in really well

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Never heard of CG until we signed him but was very highly rated by the Shropshire contingent on NSC :)thumbsup::thumbsup:) and in the praise from Mickey Mellon, his former manager. CG is still a work in progress but I'm quietly impressed so far and their local knowledge is proving to be spot on.

We've been hoping for a succession plan to replace Greer and I think we've captured a real gem. Well done to all concerned.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
So calm on the ball, extremely rapid for a CB, brilliant in the air at both ends, and seems so mature for his age. He's also level-headed: no nonsense about the wait to get into the first team, took the own goal in his stride and didn't let it affect his subsequent performance. We have ourselves a gem in him. But, then again, we've got a few more of those in our team too: our quality out wide is just thrilling.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If we do not get to the promised land by the end of next season he will be sold for a massive profit.

For a young player he is exceptionally good.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Already a very good player but will become a great one. Fantastic athlete , fantastic attitude and still so young. He and Dunk are the future

He's better than Dunk was at that age - much better.Terrific signing

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Looking a superb buy. We should have raided Shrewsbury for Ryan Woods as well, looked very good for Brentford tonight.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Already looks capable of playing in the premier league. Could turn out to be the best signing of the season and finally means we don't have to rely on Greer who has slowed up too much this season.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Goldson was dropped as soon as Greer was fit last month...
Thankfully, Greer got injured again which let Goldson back in.
This should not happen again.
Composed on the ball and very mobile, everything Greer is not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here