Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goldson over Duffy

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Woah - only a month or so ago everyone was raving about Dunk and Duffy being our finest ever central defensive partnership. Duffy has been below par for a few games now but let's not rewrite history and forget that the first third of the season didn't happen. Some people on this thread have VERY short memories. That's not to say I wouldn't give Goldson a go now and I certainly wouldn't send him out on loan.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Woah - only a month or so ago everyone was raving about Dunk and Duffy being our finest ever central defensive partnership. Duffy has been below par for a few games now but let's not rewrite history and forget that the first third of the season didn't happen. Some people on this thread have VERY short memories. That's not to say I wouldn't give Goldson a go now and I certainly wouldn't send him out on loan.

No one’s forgotten the start of the season or last season but he has been really poor for a couple of months now. That is a large chunk of the season and he has been personally responsible for a number of goals conceded so it’s not unreasonable to suggest he should be dropped.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Duffy has lost all confidence and Gross needs time on the sidelines both were very poor today
Our defence will always struggle against a quality attack. The tactic of sitting back and allowing the space that they need to work their magic also contributes to our woes. I don't think this is deliberate, we are just much slower than they are. Still think the positives were up there with the negatives today. Even the pundits were making favourable comments about us. Don't think Goldson replacing Duffy will make much difference. I really don't know what he was doing for that fourth goal.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Duffy has been off colour for some time now, today he had a shocker.

The formation IMO didn’t work, and a variation of it (4-3-2-1), would be better. At times Dunk was like a left back in the first half, which is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

I’d say Duffy has been getting found out most of the season... he hasn’t once produced a performance this season that matched Goldson’s against Watford.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
You serious? Duffy has been brilliant this season, yes he has made a few mistakes as of late, but remember the defenders are under a constant barrage of attack this season. Connor had a great debut the other week, but he also made a couple mistake today. Plus Duffy and Dunk's passing is probably as good as most midfielders, and it seems to be a big part of our game plan, Dunk and Duffy spraying passes around. What didnt help imo is the strange formation.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Duffy needs a break, this we know.
I like goldson but he didn’t fill me with confidence today.
He was like a bollard for hazard’s second goal.
the bfg has never let us down and should get the nod over goldson .

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
As much as I rate Duffy, and he’s had a great season so far, today was an awful performance. He played like he’d been out on the piss until 4 in the morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Whatever has happened to Shane this season, he's far more a hindrance than a help at this point.
Forget getting Connor a loan spell: start him in a back four.

Oh and forget this formation right now. We don't have the players for it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Below is what I've just written on the player ratings thread. I thought the formation worked pretty well with the exception of the first few minutes :smile:, but if playing 3 CBs means starting Duffy, can we have 4-4-1-1 please.

Duffy 2 -- he's been dire for a while now, but he plunged new depths today. Shocking. How he got straight back in the team after Watford was beyond me. Deserves to be drop

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I liked the formation, but Duffy is not a Premier League defender.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I thought Goldson looked very uncomfortable in a back 3 but he was still better than Duffy, In my opinion if we go that way again it should be Dunk as the central with Goldson to the right and BFG to the left.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here