Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Golden Boy 'Michal Karbownik - VOTE

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-[emoji713 said:
-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9682830]Hmnn, not sure. The Michał would be pronounced Me-How - the L at the end of Michał with a line through it is pronounced like an English W

Oops, you are right. I wrote me-how down in my pronunciation lesson but misspelt on post!

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Not sure what Anderlecht have over Legia as far as his development in concerned.

Wouldn't a loan spell in the UK work out better from a football point of view? Is this a work permit thing?

I'd imagine it is this. Simply by playing in a higher ranking league, he would get more 'points' towards reaching the post-brexit requirement for a work permit (further points for playing in the champions league or Europa league). There are points on offer for playing international football too (including u23s)

There's a football weekly podcast out this week that explains it - I listened to half of it on this morning's dog walk!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'd imagine it is this. Simply by playing in a higher ranking league, he would get more 'points' towards reaching the post-brexit requirement for a work permit (further points for playing in the champions league or Europa league). There are points on offer for playing international football too (including u23s)

There's a football weekly podcast out this week that explains it - I listened to half of it on this morning's dog walk!

Wouldn't it have been better to have got him over here before the 31st (as we did with Moder). I'm assuming that any EU players in the country by then wouldn't need permits (if they did, a few clubs, including us, would have a lot of paperwork to sort out)

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Wouldn't it have been better to have got him over here before the 31st (as we did with Moder). I'm assuming that any EU players in the country by then wouldn't need permits (if they did, a few clubs, including us, would have a lot of paperwork to sort out)

Moder arrived under the new rules but he qualified because of his International and Europa League games.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not sure what Anderlecht have over Legia as far as his development in concerned.

Wouldn't a loan spell in the UK work out better from a football point of view? Is this a work permit thing?
No - it won't be a permit issue.

He was signed under the old rules.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This fella looks like the closest we have to Lamptey & March in the wing back positions. He is right footed and can play on either flank. Hopefully he’ll with us soon.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No - it won't be a permit issue.

He was signed under the old rules.

I'm fairly sure he would have had to have already been working in the UK to qualify as an EU national, so he'll still needs a work permit to play. Fortunately, the new points system makes it much easier and it should be a breeze assuming that he played in most of Legia's league games and Champions League matches.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Closest I've seen to confirmation of his recall is now listed in the Brighton Squad on transfermarkt (no longer in the 'on loan')

https://www.transfermarkt.com/brighton-amp-hove-albion/startseite/verein/1237

Have also changed Billy Arce's status as being part of the squad though not sure that is true..

I wouldn't read too much into that. It is in no way official and is run by volunteers.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ing-on-transfer-valuations-made-by-volunteers

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
To cover for Bernardo’s departure I assume. From the YouTube videos of him, he seems to play a bit like Lamptey although at left back even though he’s right footed. Isn’t he injured at the moment though?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
To cover for Bernardo’s departure I assume. From the YouTube videos of him, he seems to play a bit like Lamptey although at left back even though he’s right footed. Isn’t he injured at the moment though?

The injury reports seemed to suggest he would be back playing in January, he only missed two games in Poland due to their winter break.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here