Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Golden Boy 'Michal Karbownik - VOTE

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Welcome Michal. If he can be our lefty Tariq then very exciting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I thought he was very good in his 1 game v Leicester. Never to be seen again. Why were we so keen to get rid after all I think we paid £2m plus

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I thought he was very good in his 1 game v Leicester. Never to be seen again. Why were we so keen to get rid after all I think we paid £2m plus
The fact he's done nothing, and is now refusing to play in the position we originally signed him to play shows maybe he's not as good as he thinks.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The fact he's done nothing, and is now refusing to play in the position we originally signed him to play shows maybe he's not as good as he thinks.

An odd one. I'm sure when he arrived we were told we were getting a LB - but as soon as he arrived we strangely found that he was right footed, and had only played LB to help out, and he didn't want to play there - and more or less wasn't a LB at all!.
As I said earlir,looks like a move on job for this summer - don't think we'll see much of our £2M quid (if that is what we paid for him).

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
I seem to remember a Polish journalist or football expert saying Karbo was going to be better than Kuba. He did look promising, but hardly had played so far.

We are one CM down with Bissouma leaving, but Kolowski, Khadra, Mitoma, coming in/back from loan as well as Leonard and Morgan from the U23s who have made match day squads.

That is a bit reductive I know as not all those players play CM (just what Wikipedia says are out newish MFs), and not sure what kind of CM Karbo is. However hard to see him breaking in the first team with the amount of competition, not to mention any other incomings.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was told by someone who has a tenuous link to the Albion players a few months ago that he wanted out and was making noises about wanting to stay in Greece. I know very little about him but the person who told me did apparently. Happy for this to be filed under bollocks :shrug:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
An odd one. I'm sure when he arrived we were told we were getting a LB - but as soon as he arrived we strangely found that he was right footed, and had only played LB to help out, and he didn't want to play there - and more or less wasn't a LB at all!.
As I said earlir,looks like a move on job for this summer - don't think we'll see much of our £2M quid (if that is what we paid for him).

He was a CM/ACM who broke into senior football at RB/RWB a la Alzate. His club had an injury crisis at LB so he played there and did well. He always maintained that his best position was in midfield. The problem is, he’s never shown anywhere near the ability of Moder and we’ve seen that Potter likes to use younger players in unnatural positions early on in their career. So I’m not sure he has much chance here. The fact a Greek club don’t want him seems quite damning. Win some lose some I guess.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
According to Polish media, his agent is trying to find a new club for him. Loan again I would guess - think the club would agree to let him go cheaply but wages is bound to be a problem. USG maybe?

Wants game time, doesn't want to go back to Poland and doesn't want to play left back, apparently. Struggle to see him have a future with Brighton.

I was told by someone who has a tenuous link to the Albion players a few months ago that he wanted out and was making noises about wanting to stay in Greece. I know very little about him but the person who told me did apparently. Happy for this to be filed under bollocks :shrug:

I think you can. He won't stay with Olympiakos, that is 100% certain. Smaller Greek club? Dunno.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
According to Polish media, his agent is trying to find a new club for him. Loan again I would guess - think the club would agree to let him go cheaply but wages is bound to be a problem. USG maybe?

Wants game time, doesn't want to go back to Poland and doesn't want to play left back, apparently. Struggle to see him have a future with Brighton.

I think you can. He won't stay with Olympiakos, that is 100% certain. Smaller Greek club? Dunno.

If he wasn't good enough for Olympiakos, I don't think USG will want him.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Point of order - USG is not the universal answer to all transfer business on Albion threads (although some lazy journalists may see it as a god-given easy line)!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here