Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gold - Yes or No?

Want Gold

• Yes - He's going to be good for the club!

Votes: 198 90.0%
  • No - He can stick he Gold fingers where the sun don't shine

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Gary Lineker - sitting on the fence

Votes: 11 5.0%

• Total voters

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
yes Yes Yes

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Well, he has money, is a football man and is based locally. There is not a lot more you could ask for.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Whilst I would welcome the arrival of David Gold at the Albion (do you reckon we could get him to change his name by adding "stone" at the end?), where is the evidence to suggest that he is on the verge of joining...unless I have missed the glaringly obvious!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He apparently knows DK and has friends who are Albion season ticket holders, so will know exactly what has gone on here. He has pulled Birmingham back from the brink and he has loads of money and is a football fan. I doubt we could do much better and could certainly do a lot worse. An unequivocable yes from me as long as he gives DK the opportunity to stay on the board.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
where is the evidence to suggest that he is on the verge of joining...unless I have missed the glaringly obvious!

The Argus today makes it sound likely - and I don't usually go for following paper talk.

I have always said "never again" to one investor taking over, but I must admit to wavering in favour of this bloke.
Can't pretend I'm not nervous though. We don't know him. He's not an Albion fan.
But as it says above, he's football, he's local and he's got a few bob.
But then you shouldn't get involved as an investment, you should do it because you love the club. I prefer the Jack Walker scenario at Blackburn than Roman the Ruskie at Chelski.

There. Told you I was undecided.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
this is a long long way from being a done deal and so far there have categorically been NO talks

BUT

if David and Ralph do sell out all of their shares in Birmingham City (and it wont be until after the reported November date) we will most likely get BOTH brothers although NOT I think David Sullivan.

David Gold's daughters are keen footy fans and play their part too!

Interesting times indeed

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Any investment from a proven football fan should be welcome.

If it happens it should get rid of the excuses about lack of money and get us into a position to build a team ready for Falmer.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
OK, guess I missed the Argus article...given my current location I hope you will all forgive me that, would be a bit much to expect it to be on sale over here, certainly a bit too far for a newspaper boy/girl to deliver. Reading the article it does sound promising, better someone like Gold investing in the club than some of the shady characters who have been pumping money in at the top end of the Premiership.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
You can always judge the quality of a man by the tie he wears??????
page-2.jpg

Col P

Feb 13, 2006
how ever if true YES YES YES Gold and Dick Knight what ateam we could call the stadium the Gold Dick Stadium

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Assuming he wants to invest in the Albion, then that would be great. Also, so long as he respects the clause DK put in when he took over that no single person can have total controlling power of the club, or whatever the clause was.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Whilst it is exciting that an influx of cash investment could be coming our way, I hope that DK and MP won't jump into bed with the first person to show us the colour of thier money. I'm not saying that DG won't be beneficial to our club but we have, with the stadium approval, become an attractive investment and there could well be other benefactors waiting in the wings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here