Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Going to New York

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Lived in NYC for 6 years and can't imagine living anywhere else. No other city on Earth is like it. Most things have been covered, I'd agree about Foleys and add Jimmys Corner~ cheapest bar in Times Square and the narrowest. Pick up a copy of the Village Voice ~ lets you know what's going on. If you're going to Macys get a copy of the Daily News as it generally has discount vouchers for 10-20%

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Lived in NYC for 6 years and can't imagine living anywhere else. No other city on Earth is like it. Most things have been covered, I'd agree about Foleys and add Jimmys Corner~ cheapest bar in Times Square and the narrowest. Pick up a copy of the Village Voice ~ lets you know what's going on. If you're going to Macys get a copy of the Daily News as it generally has discount vouchers for 10-20%

Only been a couple of times but absolutely love it. London on steriods

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I'm there now. Did rangers game last night which was awesome. Just walked for 3 hours through Central Park and then it snowed so got the carriage ride which was good. Heading to Times Square now for show tickets and beer. Hopefully go to Foleys tonight.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I'm there now. Did rangers game last night which was awesome. Just walked for 3 hours through Central Park and then it snowed so got the carriage ride which was good. Heading to Times Square now for show tickets and beer. Hopefully go to Foleys tonight.
Keens, a restaurant you won't forget,....despite it being in midtown.....do it.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

I was at the Rangers gamed last night - you picked a great game to go to! Best sporting experience in US bar none....

Knicks playing tonight - super cheap tickets on StubHub if you felt like going....

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Keens, a restaurant you won't forget,....despite it being in midtown.....do it.
I want to go to Keens but it is a little expensive but saying that everything is out here. Is Keens worth the money, if it is, I well go tomorrow night?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I was at the Rangers gamed last night - you picked a great game to go to! Best sporting experience in US bar none....

Knicks playing tonight - super cheap tickets on StubHub if you felt like going....
My first ice hockey game and loved it. I didn't realise the Knicks were playing, gutted if they were cheap!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I want to go to Keens but it is a little expensive but saying that everything is out here. Is Keens worth the money, if it is, I well go tomorrow night?
In Bubba Shrimp at the moment for the first time. Looks good for a franchise.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
In Foley's now!
6b1963b612260308baa933fa42e4b49f.jpg
0416bd69152dccdf95c2286c31a0d594.jpg

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Lol,pipes are not my thing, I've never smoked! I will check out a couple of others and decide tomorrow.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
It is worth the money,.... I have been 4 times, I have never felt short changed,.... yes its a treat sort of place,... but the atmosphere, service and quality of food is the real mccoy.

I will also recommend the Grand Central Oyster Bar ( much more than just oysters),..... real ambiance in the arches under the main station area..... tops.

Last edited:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I like Keens but to honest there are a lot of NY steakhouses with similar quality steak.

If pipes are your thing its a must...
Peter Lugers maybe,.... but in a price range near ordinary peoples reach, it is reported as the best in its class,.... and it is sooooooo much more than steak,..... in fact steak is a sideshow compared to some of the offerings on the menu.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Foley's sports bar 34th street
Highline
Central park
Top of the rock
Grand central station

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Grand Central station - excellent place exactly opposite for breakfast too.
Statten Island Ferry
Times Square
Central Park
FAO schwarz toy store (Big piano!)

Just walk everywhere on foot.

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
Never really understood people's fascination with Foleys. Overpriced tourist trap, like most midtown bars. The framed Albion shirt isn't that exciting! Plenty of better places to go for a drink in Manhattan.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Been about 3 years since I went to New York now, love the place.

Check out Bubbys for pancake breakfast.
Balthazaar for a bit of celeb spotting in Soho. Decent Eggs Benedict Worth booking.
Keens for steak I agree, particular a porterhouse to share.
Blue Smoke for BBQ food.
Buddakan is good for Chinese. Very upmarket, and almost nightclub like inside, but really good food.
Robataya for Japanese. You all sit round the grill and they cook in front of you. It is quite pricey and portions relatively small, but very tasty.
Momofuku for slightly different chinese. Good lunch menu at 'Ssam' - Duck & rice very good.

Some of this might be out of date, but some of my faves.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Grand Central station - excellent place exactly opposite for breakfast too.

Just walk everywhere on foot.

We ate at Pershing Square this morning whilst the Apple Store in Grand Central fixed the iPhone I dropped yesterday.

Yesterday we walked 14.77 miles (and I'd run 7.5 at dawn before that).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here