Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Going "All In" at Fulham?

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
It appears that quite a few wanted RDZ to go "All In" by playing the best 11 available today. Granted a few eyebrows were raised with the team selection but hindsight is such a wonderful thing when you are a keyboard warrior who procrastinates whilst taking zero responsibility ;-)

I'm sure RDZ will take responsibility today, but unlike myself and fellow keyboard warriors, he probably had far more information, primarily from the medical team which we were not privy to, which may explain the saving it all for Thursday mentality, or to put a different spin on it, saving it for the rest of the season - we're back into two games a week, including the recent FA Cup tie and with the benefit of hindsight, it's a godsend that didn't go to extra time!
So with RDZ openly saying Dunk can't play 90mins twice a week these days, Welbz definitely can't, plus seeing Gross go down with cramp midweek, the likes of Enciso and Moder coming back from serious injuries and needing game time managed, what was RDZ supposed to do in the middle of the park, because all though it's not been picked up on here, WBG has been a huge loss - but apparently that's down to poor recruitment, because they should have allowed for a 3 game ban and signed an oven ready MacAllister mk2!

Personally I think there was a lot of protection going on to see out the season - who would have picked up the blame IF we picked up 2 or 3 injuries today?

But then again why not go All In for Thursday - it's the pinnacle for us, let's have a go! We are not a top 6 club (yet) we don't even have a top 10 budget or wage structure - there were always going to be bumps in the road, but unlike a big proportion of the fan base, TB and PB are on a longer journey, not a win now at all costs.

Trust the process, remember our strategy is to become an established Top 10 club (that doesn't mean qualify for Europe every season, win a Cup or god forbid get to a European Final every season) TB & PB have given us no end of fun and success that even 5yrs ago, we'd never have dreamed of - try to enjoy it ;-)

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I don’t mind at all that he didn’t go all in. It doesn’t do any good to play players who need to be rested, if Gross needs a rest and we play him instead, all that will happen is he’ll play badly/maybe get injured. We don’t benefit by doing it.

It’s better to do it in the league tbh, because Europe is knockout football now, where in the league you have opportunities to make up points so that the loss has less impact.

The irony was that Gross had his worst game of the season when he came on

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I don’t mind at all that he didn’t go all in. It doesn’t do any good to play players who need to be rested, if Gross needs a rest and we play him instead, all that will happen is he’ll play badly/maybe get injured. We don’t benefit by doing it.

It’s better to do it in the league tbh, because Europe is knockout football now, where in the league you have opportunities to make up points so that the loss has less impact.
I’d far rather reach a Europa League final or even semi-final than finish 8th instead of 10th. Let alone winning the thing which would be mindblowing - and secure a place in the Champions League, which is realistically all but impossible otherwise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here