Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

God Save The Queen

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Love The Clash to bits but Buzzcocks first album was even better! They were fantastic & life changing times!

Buzzcocks were the first band I went to see at the Birmingham Odeon, and the support that night was Joy Division.
My first ever experience of live music at 14 years old which made me feel physically sick due to the loudness of noise!
The only thing I remember about the gig was Pete Shelley threatening to walk of stage because of the amount of GOB flying his way.
I also saw the Buzzcocks last year in Manchester supporting the Stone Roses, which kinda felt full circle.
Happy days.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
London Calling is a great album, the first album is better in my opinion.

Fair enough. They're both absolutely brilliant albums.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
82.jpg

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Elvis Costello, Paul Weller, Ian drury never sold out. Johnny 'Rotten' sold out before he was out of his teens. Talentless tosser.

Ho hum. What did he sell out? Lydon never claimed to stand for anything. The music was inspired by the Situationists and the band put together by Mclaren. The aim was not for musical longevity. The clue is in the title of their first single, Anarchy In The UK. As to whether Lydon has ever sold out musically, I would beg to differ. PiL have made some very innovative music in their time and are still brilliant live.

Dury - tv ads in the 80s, can't remember what for.

Weller and Costello, a different order of performer. Solo artists, great writers, but boy is the Woking boy a miserable c..t.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Weller and Costello, a different order of performer. Solo artists, great writers, but boy is the Woking boy a miserable c..t.

Have to agree there. He also thinks he can have any woman he pleases, regardless of whether they're by themselves or with their partner, simply because he's Paul Weller.

I've met a few of my musical heroes, Johnny Marr, Peter Hook, Mark Burgess, Mani, and they've all been funny, passionate about the music, Football mad and self effacing.

Weller is one I wouldn't like to meet .

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Ho hum. What did he sell out? Lydon never claimed to stand for anything. The music was inspired by the Situationists and the band put together by Mclaren. The aim was not for musical longevity. The clue is in the title of their first single, Anarchy In The UK. As to whether Lydon has ever sold out musically, I would beg to differ. PiL have made some very innovative music in their time and are still brilliant live.

Dury - tv ads in the 80s, can't remember what for.

Ian Dury promoted the Spastics Society

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here