Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goal music: a campaign to make sure we never have it at the Amex

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Reading the thread about things that have been lost from the game, I was thinking that for many clubs, that sheer moment of joy when your team scores a much needed goal has been completely ruined by the playing of stupid music every time the ball hits the net.

Take yesterday's Burnley-Preston game. Burnley were 3-1 down with about ten minutes left, and went on to win 4-3 in injury time. You score a 93rd minute winner against local rivals, having been losing soundly only minutes earlier, yet that magnificent, schadenfreude-laden moment of utter JOY and madness is cut short within seconds by the tedious tones of Tom Hark echoing from the PA system. The shouting, screaming and cheering is instantly drowned out and reduced to a lame-assed "der der der der/der der der der", which then fades into nothing rapidly. The moment is wasted.

Imagine that Swindon play off game, that glorious Virgo moment which seemed to go on forever, cut short after half a second because some BUMHAT in the PA box thought that what the situation really required was a quick rendition of Pigbag at 130 decibels over our tinny speakers.

I don't want some crappy failed DJ telling me when or how long I should be cheering for after a goal. I don't want an annoying, generic, used-by-thirty-other-clubs turd of a song sucking the life out of our celebrations.

The Albion are one of the few clubs that don't play music after goals at the moment. I'd like to think it's because they respect us as fans and agree that it's frankly shit, but I suspect it's probably down to the Withdean noise regulations, and that it will inevitably creep in once we move to Falmer, along with various other needless, American style, so-called customer enhancements.

So I'm rather hoping that a few people on here will agree with me, and we can stop this menace before it ever gets the chance to spoil the experience at our new stadium.

:amex:Join me: ban goal music from Falmer, now! :amex:

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
Been discussed before ruins the atmosphere and I would personally be more than happy to support any campaign

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
very much signed up to this :)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I just figured if the club knew there were a significant number of people against it, we could at least let them know and might just possibly have some influence :thumbsup:

A debate on the subject is of course welcome, in case there are any Pigbag aficionados out there, but I'm going to take a lot of convincing that it's anything other than a crime against football.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I HATE music being played after goals. It creates such a fake atmosphere. Please never let it happen at the Albion.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'm sure Martin Perry has said before they won't be having it, so hopefully that is true. It's awful, if we did it I think I'd turn into one of those cranks constantly sending letters to the club moaning. I can't imagine how rubbish having it would be. It actually slightly cheers me up when teams score against us and they have it because it's so shit. :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Massive hate of mine and my Dads. Can you make sure you let insider / falmer man see this thread when it's had lots of signatures?

Great idea Edna :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If we are having music played after each home goal at Falmer I may well not bother going....

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I agree,

Any question directed to ATC will prob get a response in 1 month saying "yet to be decided"

A good campaign though as I'd hate to have that at Falmer

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I agree,

Any question directed to ATC will prob get a response in 1 month saying "yet to be decided"

I know, but we might as well make our feelings known now, before whichever cheese-meister local radio DJ that gets the job at Falmer starts looking through his collection of 80s classics for that perfect goal-music hook :angry:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Personally I'd also ban that hideous version of SBTS that get played after every Withdean victory, but I believe there are one or two people who- shockingly- claim to like it, so I'll just settle for campaigning against goal music for now :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here