Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goal line technology....

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
The ball hitting the post doesn't even come into the equation, the goal was scored when it came off the keeper and crossed the line, it's not rocket science! Thank god for the new goal line technology, that goal wouldn't have stood without it.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That 3rd goal was a bit controversial, the way it struck the back of the net that is...

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Reliable system, confused by Jonathan Pearce not understanding it.

I had an OG at 12/1. Suits me very well. :banana:

This, (well except for the bet)

Nothing controversial about it. Just the commentator making a mountain out of a molehill.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The third goal could so easily have been disallowed IF it hadn't gone in. Or if France were off side. I know neither happened but it's still a big talking point, especially if your name is Jonathan Pearce. Call 909693 to talk about things that didn't happen now. Lines are open.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]478271742860091393[/tweet]

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I REALLY don't think it was totally in... When they showed the graphical representation it showed it clearly over the line but the replay doesn't show that.

Ignore. Just seen the still shot, I'm blind :lolol:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Richard Keys is an arse. That HAS been proven.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the technology was proven, the presentation of the information was found lacking.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
It's probably a design fault in the system to show both shots, was it necessary to show the first one if the second showed a goal had been scored.

I believe the Hawkeye system only alerts the referee to a goal when one has been scored so it wouldn't have been activated by the shot against the post?

Maybe just clearing up which effort was a goal and therefore who should therefore be credited with the goal? (no way Benzema can clim it as proven to be an OG)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here