Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goal celebration injuries!

getz

Jan 15, 2010
what injuries have you suffered in a goal celebration? I suffered a couple of bruised ribs celebrating the winning goal yesterday, hugging my daughter-in-law forgetting a hard glasses case in my inside jacket pocket

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
My watch is slightly loose fitting, so I now have some small bruises from where parts of it smacked against my wrist while jumping up and down.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Carpet burn from doing a knee slide on it

Broken two fingers from when I got down on all fours to header a ball passed a keeper

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
knocked a hot chocolate all over my hand at exeter away last year when barnes scored..burns on my wrist and hand needed to see a doctor..did i care..did i f***

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Badly twisted ankle once - during a real surge in the old North.

Also- not really my fault(those seats were too close) but sort of smacked some poor old boy round the back of the head(with my arm/hand) at Withdean E block once as i stood up to celebrate.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Badly twisted ankle once - during a real surge in the old North.

Also- not really my fault(those seats were too close) but sort of smacked some poor old boy round the back of the head(with my arm/hand) at Withdean E block once as i stood up to celebrate.
I nearly got crushed against a barrier in the North stand surge when Bobby Smith scored on his debut for us,sure many fans got caught in this situation..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I nearly got crushed against a barrier in the North stand surge when Bobby Smith scored on his debut for us,sure many fans got caught in this situation..

Not sure what was worse-the sheer weight of a fuller crowd,or the distance travelled by a smaller crowd,saw some quite nasty things back then,god knows what it was like in the 70s...

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Somehow managed to flatten the other half when the winner went in yesterday, ended up in the aisle and nearly got stampeded by the surge down the steps..just like the good old days at the Goldstone.

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
Carpet burn from doing a knee slide on it

Broken two fingers from when I got down on all fours to header a ball passed a keeper

On a similar note to this i remember one season I did a sliding tackle on the first day of my football season which resulted in a horrendous grassburn. The next weekend however I managed to bag a goal by sliding on this grassburn again and making it a whole lot worse, the ref had blown for half-time straight after the goal so everyone went to the gaffer for the team talk leaving me on the ground nursing said injury :taking one for the team: :clap:

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Was about 9 stood on my seat in the old away end at Portsmouth in 2003 when we went 2-1 up after Barrett was sent off. Went flying two rows downwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here