Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray's disallowed goal...

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Not at all, I applauded because it was a great goal, and wrapped up a thoroughly deserved win for them.

same

as for the incident i would like to see it again really , disappointed and it would've been a reward for those that stayed behind during the mass exodus at the end but it would've definitely been robbing Vale i think

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Agreed, anything other than a win yesterday would undo all our good work from March.

Quite. A disgraceful kick in the teeth for Adam El-Abd, the distinquished ex-players assembled at Withdean, the travelling support in March, and everybody else who ever cared about the Albion. Piece of crap, and every bit as bad as Stoke under McGhee. If it wasn't for the woodwork, Port Vale would have hit half a dozen past us. Just won't do.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
It wasn't just their 3rd goal I was clapping. I was applauding their performance in general. They completely bossed us, closed EVERY ONE of our players down for 90 mins, passed well and created a truckload of chances (we obviously helped them with our woeful defending). On a different day they could have easily scored 7 or 8.

Last edited:

It wasn't just their 3rd goal I was clapping. I was applauding their performance in general. They completely bossed us, closed EVERY ONE of our players down for 90 mins, passed well and created a truckload of chances (we obviously helped them with our woeful defending). On a different day they could have easily scored 7 or 8.

Don't you know anything? The defeat was clearly all down to Kuipers-nothing to do with anything else. Now write out 100 times: It was all Kuipers' fault. And don't come back on here until you've finished.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Correct in every respect.

Incidentally, did anyone see the shocked reaction of a couple of the Vale subs when they looked around after their third went in, and saw the majority of the South Stand applauding them?

They weren't sure if we were genuine or taking the piss :lolol:

(Genuine in my case, I know when we've been outclassed)

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Difficult to know how different, if at all, it would have been if we'd played well, and hadn't defended like the Keystone Cops on acid. I thought Vale were the best side we've seen at Withdean this season and can't believe they've played anything like that all season, or they'd be near the top, not the bottom. 90 mins of good passing and movement, closing us down relentlessly - thankfully they seemed to have some vendetta with our crossbar.

Hard to know though if it was all down to them - frankly, we made them look like Barcelona anyway.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I was clapping as it was as good a goal as I personally have seen all season.

And I cheered at the disallowed goal but knew in the back of my mind that I would walk out even more ashamed than I was had it have been given.

Still very unlikely they'll escape the drop, but I'm wishing them luck all the same. We rolled over and they took full advantage

I'll agree with that, you must be the nicest supporters in the South, either that or we really are Brazil.

After some of the s*** I have seen this season I'm finding it hard to believe we could have been as 'great' as you are making out.....???

compared to us you were fantastic.

had your strikers taken half the chances they created, we would have been about 6-1 down by halftime.

We were absolutely shocking.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Have to agree with Hartys comment at the start of the phone in about it looking as though the first team had been out on the lash all night with the legends lads.

I am not sure if Vale were particularly good, but we STUNK the place out and Kuipers was the stinkee!

Cox looked dangerous early on but faded, Westlake had some ideas and Elphick was his usual excellent self, but otherwise we just did not turn up.

I have to wonder whether the Leeds and Forest performances made the players think this would be a walkover, they need to just wake up and smell the coffee, we get results from consistency and hard graft and there are no gift games in this league.

I hope that this result is the kick up the arse we need to beat the shrimpers tomorrow because if we can get our act together we can still sneak sixth IMHO

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Can't believe the Virgin highlights didnt show the disallowed goal. They showed 2 of Vale's bar strikes (but not Tommy's).

PG

From H Block, my first reaction was that a great injustice had been done.

But once I realised that it had been disallowed, I found myself pleased for Port Vale.

How WRONG is that?

Somehow I share a sympathy, in that train of thought. I'd stop short of being "pleased", tbh, but in saying that justice was seen to have been done, the result was completely acceptable. No complaints about it, even if a player or two were upset by the decision.

From my position, the ref signaled quite emphatically that there was a use of hands to gain advantage. I thought his signals suggested 'climbing' or pushing down the defender to get up for the ball.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Difficult to know how different, if at all, it would have been if we'd played well, and hadn't defended like the Keystone Cops on acid. I thought Vale were the best side we've seen at Withdean this season and can't believe they've played anything like that all season, or they'd be near the top, not the bottom. 90 mins of good passing and movement, closing us down relentlessly - thankfully they seemed to have some vendetta with our crossbar.

Hard to know though if it was all down to them - frankly, we made them look like Barcelona anyway.
Vale were a pretty poor side made, as you say, to look like Barcelona by our poor performance. They had a carthorse centre forward who did his best to miss the chance for the first goal, but our defence just let him have as long as he needed to get it right. They also backed off several times to allow him a few free headers which he was unable to hit the target with. But fair play to them for the hard work all game.

It was just one of those days when most of the players just didn't turn up. Given the number of games in March and that 5 of the last 6 were all against promotion contenders, 4 of those away, it's no surprise that a few who had played all of those games looked pretty jaded.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here