Glenn Murray...wanker

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
That is correct just what is needed to get our best goalscorer to play and score goals for us:mad:

Oh give it a break FFS...!

He,s not in the first XI, because his attitude stinks. That is Mr. Slades opinion......f*** all to do with the Northern Knob being booed today...!

About time he grew some balls.........took his wifes skirt off.....and reclaimed his trousers back from her

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Near the end. the club has mentioned it in the match report as a minor incident with fans heckling Murray. It was worse than heckling.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No he wasn't he was walking with his back to the huddle towards the Brighton fans. I thought h was going to applaud to them. how wrong.

You must have had a different view to me because where I sat just above the edge of the 6 yd box towards the tunnel when RS called the players together he had shaken the goalkeepers hand as he was only about 10 yds from him when the whistle went and Slade had to walk from his seat right across to the players on the right edge of the centre circle.

By the time players started walking towards us GM was out of sight.

Can you not just accept that on this particular issue we have a bunch of numpetys as supporters.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Bobby Zamora used to booed onto the pitch when at West Ham, it didn't stop him from trying and he did eventually win a lot of the fans over.

He wasn't when we played against them :) it is times like that, that I know we do have a great fanbase and it is usually just a few little pricks that spoil our reputation with idiotic slating of our own players.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Near the end. the club has mentioned it in the match report as a minor incident with fans heckling Murray. It was worse than heckling.
Not that I condone this behaviour but this was AFTER he acted like a total utter twat. It didn't cause it. He caused it.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I can understand Murray being upset with a section of fans but to tar everybody with the same brush is downright disrespectful. It's a shame nobody currently feels the urge to give us a firm offer and do him and us a favour.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Can you not just accept that on this particular issue we have a bunch of numpetys as supporters.

Can YOU not accept, that as with most Albion related issues, your "facts" are frequently wrong and twisted.

Murray was a total twat today...END OF...!

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
You must have had a different view to me because where I sat just above the edge of the 6 yd box towards the tunnel when RS called the players together he had shaken the goalkeepers hand as he was only about 10 yds from him when the whistle went and Slade had to walk from his seat right across to the players on the right edge of the centre circle.

By the time players started walking towards us GM was out of sight.

While I will agree that we do have some numptys in the fan base, Murrays actions were very calculated:

Before the game when the players took to the field for the usual pitch inspection, every player coming onfield turned towards the travelling fan and applauded. Except one, who was 'busy' reading his match programme.

At the end of the game, he decided not to remain with the rest of the team in the middle of the field, but walked towards the visiting fans, shook the home goalkeepers hand, and then turned to walk off the field to the dressing room. He could easily have raised one hand to acknowledge the fans - and by doing so would have pulled the rug from under the feet of many of his distractors and won over the waverers; but no - he came downfield to make it very clear that he wanted to snub the fans. He may as well have waved two fingers.

When the team came back on the field for the warmdown, there was a look of astonishment on many of the players faces at the intensity of the hostility to Murray.

Now he'll whinge that he wants away as the fans don't like him.

He let so many people down today: the fans, his fellow players, his manager, his club, and himself too. Just like Neil McNab all those years ago.

Glenn: sorry mate, but what you did today was a calculated part of your exit strategy. You are no longer fit to wear the stripes.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
f*** off the lot of you, Dickinson is f***ing shit compared to Murray, Forster is too old and Davies is just awful. Where are the goals going to come from?

Dickinson is a very good player who will do very well for us - thought he played very well today. Won most in the air, very clever feet and held the ball up well. Shame people seem intent on alienating every Brightin forward.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
While I will agree that we do have some numptys in the fan base, Murrays actions were very calculated:

Before the game when the players took to the field for the usual pitch inspection, every player coming onfield turned towards the travelling fan and applauded. Except one, who was 'busy' reading his match programme.

At the end of the game, he decided not to remain with the rest of the team in the middle of the field, but walked towards the visiting fans, shook the home goalkeepers hand, and then turned to walk off the field to the dressing room. He could easily have raised one hand to acknowledge the fans - and by doing so would have pulled the rug from under the feet of many of his distractors and won over the waverers; but no - he came downfield to make it very clear that he wanted to snub the fans. He may as well have waved two fingers.

When the team came back on the field for the warmdown, there was a look of astonishment on many of the players faces at the intensity of the hostility to Murray.

Now he'll whinge that he wants away as the fans don't like him.

He let so many people down today: the fans, his fellow players, his manager, his club, and himself too. Just like Neil McNab all those years ago.

Glenn: sorry mate, but what you did today was a calculated part of your exit strategy. You are no longer fit to wear the stripes.
Perfectly put, I couldn't agree more Mr. :clap:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
tbh i defended him last week but if some of the anecdotes here are at all reliable i'll probably be booing him out next home game

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Dickinson is a very good player who will do very well for us - thought he played very well today. Won most in the air, very clever feet and held the ball up well. Shame people seem intent on alienating every Brightin forward.

Agreed. :clap:

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008

3 starts 0 goals seems to suggest otherwise.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
3 starts 0 goals seems to suggest otherwise.

3 games is no way enough to form such a negative judgement. We are in for a good season I believe and I thinks Dickinson will star. Not at all convinced regarding Davies when he gets back to fitness but the guy does work very hard for the team. I saw very positive signs today as a team and am very optimistic.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Glenn Murray - what ACTUALLY happened

I know there is already shitloads of threads about this, but with all due respect to those starting them, not one of them seems to have actually explained what happened for the benefit of those who were not there, giving scope for those not there to offer ill-informed views such as "what, well do you expect if you boo him?"

Firstly, I would like to say I have been a huge Murray fan since he joined and have defended him on here numerous times against those slagging him off. However, what he did today was an absolute f***ing DISGRACE and he should go now.

Right:

He came on in the 2nd half and got a BRILLIANT reception from the fans who loudly cheered him on to the pitch. There were then several new chants about Murray (all positive) which were heard numerous times whenever he did anything even vaguely good (one for example, to the tune of the old "Charlie Oatway" chant).

Not once did I hear anything derogatory about him. He put himself about well and looked in good nick, even getting booked.

Then at the end of the game, he decided to shun the players post-match huddle. Stunning arrogance. After ignoring his team-mates, he ran over to the opposition goalie in front of the away fans and then immediately ran off down the tunnel (the players had not even finished their huddle at this stage) on his own without acknowledging the fans in any way. The fact that he did this seperately from all the players to make a point makes it even worse.

The abuse he got after that was very sad, but entirely warranted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports