Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray: The £75 million a season man.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We had agreed a fee for him with Palace twelve months ago much less than £3.5 million but failed to come up with personal terms that were acceptable.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
We had agreed a fee for him with Palace twelve months ago much less than £3.5 million but failed to come up with personal terms that were acceptable.

Absolute clowns. Should have just done the f***ing deal. Instead he inspires them to a surging second half of season under Pardew. Absolute idiots, now they are going to sell him for more than we paid for CMS AFTER he's fired them to promotion at our expense.

Bloom and Gus, what the dickens were you thinking?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Absolute clowns. Should have just done the f***ing deal. Instead he inspires them to a surging second half of season under Pardew. Absolute idiots, now they are going to sell him for more than we paid for CMS AFTER he's fired them to promotion at our expense.

Bloom and Gus, what the dickens were you thinking?

But he didn't clap the fans at Brentford, only scores goals in his final year of a contract and is miserable.

I read it on NSC, so it must be true!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I heard a tale the other day that I'd not heard before. Maybe it's been on NSC and I missed it and/or maybe it's well-known rumour. Regardless, it was a new one to me.

By all accounts the issue wasn't between Poyet and Mr Murray, it was between Poyet and Mrs Murray. I (genuinely) can't remember the specifics now, but the tale goes that after some sort of spat between the two, it was decided that Murray wasn't going to be playing for us under Poyet again.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
But he didn't clap the fans at Brentford, only scores goals in his final year of a contract and is miserable.

I read it on NSC, so it must be true!

You mean "one in ten" Glenn? (Now betters that in the Premiership)

I heard a tale the other day that I'd not heard before. Maybe it's been on NSC and I missed it and/or maybe it's well-known rumour. Regardless, it was a new one to me.

By all accounts the issue wasn't between Poyet and Mr Murray, it was between Poyet and Mrs Murray. I (genuinely) can't remember the specifics now, but the tale goes that after some sort of spat between the two, it was decided that Murray wasn't going to be playing for us under Poyet again.

Wouldn't surprise. Adam Virgo quite openly spoke about Gus bullying him on the training pitch, having Glenn sit on a chair while the others played around him to show the impact of his supposed 'laziness'.

No wonder we signed effing CMS as a replacement if Gus wanted a striker who ran around more!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ok so now we have Muzza at the top of page 1.
If you want more signings you know what to do:-

Stage 1 - 3 new threads on BZ.

Stage B - 'Oh god I loves Orlandi' thread bounce.

Stage 3 - Muzza - check

Then as if by magic the club signs a player that has only ever been mentioned once on NSC.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Again. It's always been personal terms that's the problem.

He'd signed a new contract at Palace six months earlier. Why take a pay cut?

Since then he's proven himself adept at scoring in both the Championship (at Reading) and the PL (with 'that' lot).

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I do sometimes wonder whether we should rename this 'The Yesterdays Forum'. If it's not bemoaning the mistakes that have been made, and yes there's been a lot (inc Murray), its living in the hope that we'll re-sign players that did a job for us in the past.
Problem is that though we can talk about the tomorrows in hope, we can't change .... even one second of history.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Worrying if true and possible proof that Bloom is a bit clueless about football however wonderful he is in other ways. I wonder how last season might have gone with a quality striker

It could of course be that Murray wanted his market value and we like "bargains"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here