Glenn Murray signs until June 2019

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Really lovely stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Re signing Glenn Murray is fantastic! He should never have been let go of in the first place!

Trouble is too many people including Gus, The club and fans didn't realise what a great strike force we had that took us up from League 1. Murray, Barnes and Wood.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This contract opens up the possibility - I believe - that he might be the first striker to score 100 goals for the Albion since WW2.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is a good question, and one I don't know the answer to. We turned LuaLua's loan into a permanent transfer on November 16 2011 (ie outside of a transfer window) but the initial loan had been reported as "with a view to a permanent transfer", so it is possible that the initial loan deal might have to include a clause to that effect for a permanent deal to be finalised outside of the window (and if that is the case, I have no idea if such a clause was in Murray's deal).

Anyone? :shrug:

If I remember rightly it was announced as a permanent deal in the November wef from Jan 1st. So, he loan was still valid for Nov and Dec, but then changed as soon as the window was open. That may not be the exact details of it, but something like it.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
At least we can sell him in the summer to help balance the books when we fail to get promoted.

The foundation is there not to F**K UP this time!
The month of February 2017 is absolutely season-defining! UTA! It's going to be exciting again, buckle in and get ready for the ride!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
good news, will be nice at the tail end of the season maybe to not have Glenn have at least some of his thoughts on what next season holds, club-wise :thumbsup:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Trouble is too many people including Gus, The club and fans didn't realise what a great strike force we had that took us up from League 1. Murray, Barnes and Wood.

Yeah, but where are they now?

Oh...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Here's a throwback. The celebration of Murray's first goal for Brighton.

[tweet]826433871554150400[/tweet]

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Pleased for Murray, and this will probably make him try that little bit harder for the rest of the season than if he was still a loan player.

Not sure why the club didn't wait till the end of the season to sought out a deal though. There is always the risk of a bad injury, and that money may have been used elsewhere.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Pleased for Murray, and this will probably make him try that little bit harder for the rest of the season than if he was still a loan player.

Not sure why the club didn't wait till the end of the season to sought out a deal though. There is always the risk of a bad injury, and that money may have been used elsewhere.

I would imagine Bournemouth would have put a Premier League tax on him should we be promoted and then try to sign him. As it is no doubt part of the deal will be a further payment to them should we go up. Murray knows where he will be next season now so will be a lot more settled and less to worry about personally as well. The risk of bad injury etc is always there, no matter when you sign a player.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I would imagine Bournemouth would have put a Premier League tax on him should we be promoted and then try to sign him. As it is no doubt part of the deal will be a further payment to them should we go up. Murray knows where he will be next season now so will be a lot more settled and less to worry about personally as well. The risk of bad injury etc is always there, no matter when you sign a player.
Yeah, but being on loan means we wouldn't lose 3M if he got injured however cruel that sounds. But your other points maybe valid.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
If I remember rightly it was announced as a permanent deal in the November wef from Jan 1st. So, he loan was still valid for Nov and Dec, but then changed as soon as the window was open. That may not be the exact details of it, but something like it.

That isn't the case. The FA registrations document shows the transfer being registered on November 16 2011.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Club will be insured against (long term/career threatening) player injuries I think ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here