Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray signs until June 2019

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I generally not sure he is worth 3 million at his age.

He will bag us a few goals in the Premier League next season, should we go up. I feel sure of that. Plus of course if we do arse up our promotion bid, then he will bag even more in the Championship.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You have not got your eye on the big picture have you ?

If we go up, he will have paid us back ten fold and some, even if god forbid we don't go up he would be good for at least another season.

Tell me who else could get you 20 goals in the Championship for that much ?

Actually, that argument has me convinced. If we fail to go up this time, having him will give us a good chance NEXT season.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Good business that....let him go for free at his prime and then buy him back for £3 million in his twilight......nice one Gus !

You may not have noticed, but Gus ofn the Poyet Clan departed this club a while ago. He may have been involved in the original departure, but he certainly hasn't been involved in the buying back..........

........... unless there are forces at work that we don't know about???????? - cue scary Psycho type music.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
How long is contract is the thing to look for here.

I am sure he would like 2 1/2 years....think it may only be 18 months.

PG

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
How many years on his contract?

He's getting on a bit now, at the old age of 33.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But what if his attitude upsets the togetherness of the dressing room...

...oh, hang on a minute.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
You have not got your eye on the big picture have you ?

If we go up, he will have paid us back ten fold and some, even if god forbid we don't go up he would be good for at least another season.

Tell me who else could get you 20 goals in the Championship for that much ?
What drivel.

He is contracted until the end of the season. If we went up we could have improved on him. Two Premier league clubs didn't think he could cut it at that level. Murray is fantastic at this level but i wouldn't tie him down to a long deal if we went up.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
What drivel.

He is contracted until the end of the season. If we went up we could improve on him. Two Premier league clubs didn't think he could cut it at that level. Murray is fantastic at this level but i wouldn't tie him down to a long deal if we went up.

So it is drivel ?

You agree he is fantastic in the Championship, so if we dont go up that is good business ?

So he now signs permanently for us and plays with renewed vigour and bangs in 20+ and helps us to promotion, that is well worth 3 million yes or no ?

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
What drivel.

He is contracted until the end of the season. If we went up we could have improved on him. Two Premier league clubs didn't think he could cut it at that level. Murray is fantastic at this level but i wouldn't tie him down to a long deal if we went up.

And if we don't go up, he goes back to Bournemouth and then he's available to all the other Championship clubs who failed to go up looking at him for easily over 20 goals for a few million quid. Clubs with a lot deeper pockets than us.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Really? He'd be coming up to 36 by the end of that.

Why would we spunk 3 million on a player on a contract of 18 months or whatever you put ?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Would mean that we wouldn't have 2 strikers on loan, assuming the loan from Arsenal happens.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
And if we don't go up, he goes back to Bournemouth and then he's available to all the other Championship clubs who failed to go up looking at him for easily over 20 goals for a few million quid. Clubs with a lot deeper pockets than us.

If we failed to go up we would have a much bigger problem than just Murray.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
If we go up we'll easily afford it. If we fail, we've got Glenn murray to help us in the championship. Win win.

The main thing is come April he won't be worrying about where he's going to be playing next season so he can concentrate on WINNING THE ****ING LEAGUE.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here