Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray 25/1....

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Forster is brilliant too. To be honest, I'm far from convinced Dickinson is what we want, and come August 8th there is no doubt in my mind that I want to see Glenn and Forster upfront together. However, as great as Forster is, he's not really a MASSIVE goalscorer. Great player - undoubtedly. Big goalscorer - never in his career. If Glenn Murray plays 40+ games next season then the stats say that he'll get at least 20 goals. Can you be really confident that anyone else will?

But i can't see Murray playing 40 games, expecially League games which will limit his chances of being top League goalscorer and possibly club top goalscorer.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
even if you put a fiver on it, wont hurt the pocket will it should he not win. only about 20% of favourites win............

how many was he behind last seasons top scorer?

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
even if you put a fiver on it, wont hurt the pocket will it should he not win. only about 20% of favourites win............

how many was he behind last seasons top scorer?

The club website says he scored 11 League goals and i think the winner got 28 (Rickie Lambert) so he was only 17 goals away last season

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
The club website says he scored 11 League goals and i think the winner got 28 (Rickie Lambert) so he was only 17 goals away last season

spend the £5 on beer and pork scratchings then........:lol:

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
spend the £5 on beer and pork scratchings then........:lol:

Will do, and i'll have 90p after a pint and some scratchings down my local, anyone lend me 10p for a game of pool?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

How many games did they both play? If Murray stays fit, which hopefully our new physio will ensure, he will easily exceed 20 + goals this season. I hope that if he is to leave us he scores 15 before Christmas as it puts his value up but then again I dont want him to leave.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
How many games did they both play? If Murray stays fit, which hopefully our new physio will ensure, he will easily exceed 20 + goals this season. I hope that if he is to leave us he scores 15 before Christmas as it puts his value up but then again I dont want him to leave.

Are you implying that it was our old physio's fault that he wasn't fit last year?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Be a waste of money, it really is the new fixtures posting odds of our strikers, mostly Murray on being top scorer, when in the last few seasons have we ever had someone anywhere near the top.

Hopefully i'll be proven wrong and Murray will be top scorer with Dickinson 2nd, but i really can't see it happening.

Wasn't Forster 2nd or 3rd highest scorer in 07-08

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
What are the odds on Craig Daaaaavies being L1 top scorer? I fancy a piece of that, defo bang a monkey on it

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
If he plays all season without picking up any serious injuries, i don't see why he couldn't be top scorer. I think that he will get around 20 which will probably put him up there in the top three. Last season we saw glimpses of this, i think it was around October where he scored about 6 goals in 5 games, which really is great form. Lets just hope he can keep that sort of form up all of next season! :ascarf:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
If the idea of him staying until January to get the move he wants, put himself in the window and upping the price by scoring a few goals is correct, im sure he will stay in league 1, but a quick question... If he were to do well first half of the season, get a move, the bet would continue (top L1 goalscorer) with the totals from both teams added together wouldnt it?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
16/1 for dickinson sounds okay. don't think murrey will be around for long as he asked to leave from almost the day he arrived.

i reckon first choice strike pair will be forster and dickinson. if forster can get the form back from his first season with us that could be a superb pairing.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
What are the odds on Forster? He was out injured for a while, and probably wasn't fully fit at other times.

41-1 with betfair according to oddschecker, dont think he will play enough games this season. Nothing on Davies, so you would get above 41-1.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
What are the odds on Forster? He was out injured for a while, and probably wasn't fully fit at other times.

he's a 13 to 14 goals a season man. check out his stats. he sets up as many as he scores, excellent as a secondary strike alongside somebody who's a bit more direct - perhaps dickenson?

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
he's a 13 to 14 goals a season man. check out his stats. he sets up as many as he scores, excellent as a secondary strike alongside somebody who's a bit more direct - perhaps dickenson?

He scored 11 League goals last season, same as Murray, and had an extended period of time out injured. Would expect him and Murray to score a similar amount of goals should they play most games and stay fit. I'd expect 17/18 goals each.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
He scored 11 League goals last season, same as Murray, and had an extended period of time out injured. Would expect him and Murray to score a similar amount of goals should they play most games and stay fit. I'd expect 17/18 goals each.

i meant throughout his career, not just last season.

nicky forster is a class class act. get him fit and on form and we'll be half way there this season.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Think its worth a punt, probably a fiver of my money

It is for League One top scorer, not Brighton top scorer. Seems people have forgotten this. If he does move, there is a great chance he will still be in this division, which means he still qualifys for this bet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here