Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glen Murray - The fans

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Absolute class again tonight, great interplay with Knocky/Hemed and a cultured finish. Looking better and better with more gametime.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
It wasn't our first meaningful defeat at the Amex.

If memory serves me right we were beaten by Spurs in a pre season friendly 2-3 though this was also the official first first team game at Falmer commemorating the opening, the next defeat at Falmer came on that fateful night 27th September against "them" so yes it really was the first meaningful defeat, in my opinion anyway, as much as I'd like it not to be.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
If memory serves me right we were beaten by Spurs in a pre season friendly 2-3 though this was also the official first first team game at Falmer commemorating the opening, the next defeat at Falmer came on that fateful night 27th September against "them" so yes it really was the first meaningful defeat, in my opinion anyway, as much as I'd like it not to be.

Didn't we lose to Liverpool in the League cup before this?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

No that's not right.

Didn't we lose to Liverpool in the League cup before this?
Well done that man!

This FACT seems to escape most palace fans who like to think that they were the first away team to win at the Amex 'in a meaningful match.' That is why I congratulated the earlier palace poster who actually got it right. Most of them have a selective memory about that time as that victory was a pretty big one, particularly coming so soon in their clubs short history.

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
Well done that man!

This FACT seems to escape most palace fans who like to think that they were the first away team to win at the Amex 'in a meaningful match.' That is why I congratulated the earlier palace poster who actually got it right. Most of them have a selective memory about that time as that victory was a pretty big one, particularly coming so soon in their clubs short history.

Like it :thumbsup:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Entirely Poyet's fault too IMO. I remember reading articles about Poyet laughing and joking about the possibility of him going to Palace whilst he was negotiating to try and stay.

Rating CMS as a better bet :rolleyes:

Letting Murray go was Poyet's first big test. I don't think Bloom wanted him to leave but he gave the benefit of the doubt to someone who he thought had good judgment, and after all Poyet got us promoted for the Amex and had earned a certain amount of trust. His second big test was overspending on Mackerel Smith.

We have come full circle with Murray and now have a professional manager with good integrity at the helm. Our footballing intent is spot on and mainly a joy to watch. Murray leaving and coming back to work under Hughton is probably better than him staying here under Poyet so the whole episode has been put right with promotion this season a real possibility.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Letting Murray go was Poyet's first big test. I don't think Bloom wanted him to leave but he gave the benefit of the doubt to someone who he thought had good judgment, and after all Poyet got us promoted for the Amex and had earned a certain amount of trust. His second big test was overspending on Mackerel Smith.

We have come full circle with Murray and now have a professional manager with good integrity at the helm. Our footballing intent is spot on and mainly a joy to watch. Murray leaving and coming back to work under Hughton is probably better than him staying here under Poyet so the whole episode has been put right with promotion this season a real possibility.
Agreed. Poyet was a tosser for letting Glenn go 'on a free'.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
How was Murray a good servant? He spent the whole time he was with us banging on about being homesick and wanting to go back north, before running down his contract and going on a free, to palace.

He scored goals but he wasn't a good servant

I think its well documented that he was having personal problems at the time and wanted to go back up North but by the time the L1 winning seadon came about he wanted to stay having got a house and a family down here.

We nearly got him back but will hoskins got injured so the swap never happened. He scored 30 goals that year.

He wanted to come but smug Eddie didnt let him.

Finally he came back. Villa and The Toon were in for him but he chose here because he has settled.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Have I?

I said he was a good signing who'd do well for us? The only 'put down' (if you can call it that) is that I think Hemed will start in the target man role once we sign an established No. 10. That would relegate Murray to the bench,

Nothing for you to get your knickers in a twist about,

If Murray stays fit, then you can hang 20 goals minimum on him this season, more likely 25. The only time he'll be benched is if Chris gives him a rest here and there.

With the service he's going to get this season, he absolutely guarantees you goals. Regardless of who (if) we get anyone in, Murray is going to be one of the first names on the teamsheet IMO.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thank you Crystal Palace 2010 FC for letting your best & only good striker go and letting us have him back. 3 goals & contributed to 7 points so far #thanksforthat.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Thank you Crystal Palace 2010 FC for letting your best & only good striker go and letting us have him back. 3 goals & contributed to 7 points so far #thanksforthat.
Shouldn't you be thanking Ballmouth instead? Palace have bragging rights over us as far as Murray goes. Get over it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Have I?

I said he was a good signing who'd do well for us? The only 'put down' (if you can call it that) is that I think Hemed will start in the target man role once we sign an established No. 10. That would relegate Murray to the bench,

Nothing for you to get your knickers in a twist about,

I disagree. Murray is a better player in the number nine role than Hemed and will be in CH's team in every important game if fit.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I disagree. Murray is a better player in the number nine role than Hemed and will be in CH's team in every important game if fit.

Agreed.
Murray is twice the player Hemed is. I was going to say 3 times, but it felt like I was getting a bit Lionel Richie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here