Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glen Kamara

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
It may have got lost amongst the awful events, but Jonathan Pearce mentioned in commentary that we are lining up Kamara as a potential replacement for Bissouma.

Would make sense, at this time I'd be reticent to rely upon Moder, Alzate or Caicedo to fill a Bissouma size hole.

Kamara might actually be a serious target this time.

I'm pretty sure that this comment came from our historic interest. We'd have heard it from paper speculation if we'd have approached Rangers. Caicedo is the man I think to replace Yves.

I think Moder is the player to replace Yves. He had a great first season last year, and I think next year he could really blossom into an fantastic player. I think Caicedo will be Moder's replacement down the line.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I'm pretty sure that this comment came from our historic interest. We'd have heard it from paper speculation if we'd have approached Rangers. Caicedo is the man I think to replace Yves.

You may be right.

As an aside, I took to youtube to see how Caicedo measures up against Bissouma.

There are distinct differences between them. Although Caicedo can break up play, he appears much more offensive compared to Bissouma.

I came away thinking that if only we could pair them together, we'd have one hell of a midfield.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
You may be right.

As an aside, I took to youtube to see how Caicedo measures up against Bissouma.

There are distinct differences between them. Although Caicedo can break up play, he appears much more offensive compared to Bissouma.

I came away thinking that if only we could pair them together, we'd have one hell of a midfield.

It's worth having a look at the highlights of Caicedo in the U23 games he's played for us. Seems to have been given the instructions to hold , break up play and keep the passing simple. What I can't get over is his physical stature. He's only 19 and the lad is an absolute beast. Moder seems to have less of a defensive ability but is great going forwards. He's also a tall player as well and only 22. I hope the two will be our midfield two towards the end of next season.
Caicedo will be playing for Equador early tomorrow morning in the Copa America versus Colombia, at 19!
The future is certainly bright when we have two full International players on our books at ages 22 and 19.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Neither Moder or Caicedo would be a holding player alone behind 2 more advanced central midfielders, but either could partner a more defensive player like Moloumby in a deep role whilst the other is thrust forward.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Today Rangers played the other Prague (Sparta instead of Slavia like last time).

Sparta were supposed to play in front of empty stands due to some racist incident in their last game, but the club & UEFA wanted to show some goodwill or something and allowed 10 000 kids into the stadium instead.

The kids booed Kamara every time he touched the ball, until he was sent off... and they started booing every single black player on the pitch instead.

Its a beautiful world isnt it.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Today Rangers played the other Prague (Sparta instead of Slavia like last time).

Sparta were supposed to play in front of empty stands due to some racist incident in their last game, but the club & UEFA wanted to show some goodwill or something and allowed 10 000 kids into the stadium instead.

The kids booed Kamara every time he touched the ball, until he was sent off... and they started booing every single black player on the pitch instead.

Its a beautiful world isnt it.

They clearly have big issues in that country . Children must have learnt that behaviour from somewhere .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Team full of Camaras / Kamaras

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've watched quite a bit of Rangers. He's not all that and I would be disappointed if we bought him in. Not as good as Moder, debatable as to whether he is better than Alzate.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
We've been linked with a few DEfensive midfielders now. Kamara, Camara and the lad at Reims. Maybe part of our negotiating strategy that we won't be done on the price for our number one target.
Reminds a bit of Man City and their targeting of a LB. Cucurella, Raum, Tierney.
Eg give yourself a few options and then the selling club don't have you by the balls.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
We've been linked with a few DEfensive midfielders now. Kamara, Camara and the lad at Reims. Maybe part of our negotiating strategy that we won't be done on the price for our number one target.
Reminds a bit of Man City and their targeting of a LB. Cucurella, Raum, Tierney.
Eg give yourself a few options and then the selling club don't have you by the balls.

Or, the press/agents identify that we just sold Bissouma, so just link us with players in those positions.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

No doubt TB will play hardball so hopefully City will quickly move their attention to their other options. The fact that we don’t need or want to sell Cucu means we will have City by the balls if they really want him. Even if Cucu is desperate to join them he won’t be going for anything other than a fee much bigger than Ben White imo, or he won’t be going at all.

We could well struggle to get a Biss replacement without paying over the odds too, so I personally doubt we’ll be signing one. We probably have enough already and won’t be bent over a barrel.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here