Gleeson - "MK Dons are better than Brighton"

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
“This is my third year, so we’re on track,” he said. “If we get promoted, I’m here, I’m definitely staying.

“I spoke to the Chairman and the gaffer the other day and there’s something on the table but to be honest I’m concentrating on my football at the moment."

Doesn't sound as if he's entirely concentrating on his football to me ....

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
So this is why its rumoured they may be taking a couple of our development squad to play in their first team. I think that may define the level.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What's the odds that we get them in the FA Cup now !

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
What an idiot, they'll be play off runners up if best. Can't imagine them making a signing like Vicente if they were in the championship. Especially if the ground has anything to do with making the players mind up.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Not the smartest thing for a player to say, especially this early in the season. Clearly the man from the artificial team from the artificial town has been standing too close to the output from the local artificial cows. Childish remarks but there again, probably sanctioned by his manager who is only a kid himself.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
I hate the club and I hate the stadium.

Right, that said, based on the BBC highlights they do look a very good passing side and if they continue in similar form they will be up there at the end of the season.

In terms of comparison, as has been stated, we were very poor at Stadium MK earlier this year and there is still along way to go and a lot of games to be played!

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
I happended to be at the game when they beat Chesterfield 6-2 and while they were obviously fairly good they certainly did not pass it around as well as we did last season and do now. The defence kept playing long balls over the full backs for the wingers to chase which frequently ran out of play.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I hope they draw Crawley in the FA Cup and get beat. Or even better, get beaten by Wimbledon or Luton.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
How many times does he say if it's with this club, great?

Kind of like when someone protests wayyyyyyyy too much! He wants to play in the Champ as soon as possible is about the truest part of that I imagine.

Oh and rubbish are they as good as we were (sofar) and I'd be amazed to be proven wrong. Good bet for play-offs though I think.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Maybe this is one of the players where Gus had to turn them away, so now he's gone all bitter about it ?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I think MK Dons are starting to show their potential now, young manager, decent style of football and they're top of the league(I think) but It's after six games although I think they'll go up, I can't see what makes Gleeson think that they're better because they clearly aren't :lolol:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Never heard of him.

For me MK = football at its worst. Terrible support, quiet - boring stadium, and a big mouth manager - who thinks he is better than he actually is.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
How many away games have we lost since then folks ?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
How many away games have we lost since then folks ?

Dunno. How many?

That stadium is the f***ing pits though. Half finished and the draughtiest I've ever been to. Miles from anywhere except a sodding supermarket and huge puddles all outside the ground. I never ever want to go back to Milton Keynes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports