Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury Festival 2023 - the thread

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
No notes were hit in this vocal performance, but many were wounded.

Fun though.
This is true.
‪He had a major throat op in the 80s - he’s never been able to hit the high notes since, and had to readjust how to sing‬

Last edited:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
My favourite thing I saw from Glastonbury this year was Fever Ray.

But then it would be.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I really didn't expect to enjoy that as much as I did...fantastic stuff! Mind you it gives the organisers a real headache for next year...how on earth do you follow that?
It'll be Taylor Swift, I almost guarantee it. She's in the UK June / July next year on her world tour and has a suspiciously free weekend coinciding with Glastonbury. Now it could be coincidence, and she's planning on playing a cheeky round at St Andrews or attending the Isle of Wight Steam Railway gala, but I suspect not.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just catching up with Cat Stevens on iPlayer. Wow, his uniquely beautiful vocals are still there and what an amazing little song catalogue. Love him. He should have greater recognition.

Morning Has Broken was used as a hip modern hymn at my infant school in the early 70’s, cute memories.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Loved Elton ! But, Is it just me or is he turning in to Austin Powers ?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Incredible I’ve been to several Glastonbury’s and almost always avoid the headline acts. But that was one for the ages. That will be talked about for years. Absolutely brilliant. What a back catalogue.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It'll be Taylor Swift, I almost guarantee it. She's in the UK June / July next year on her world tour and has a suspiciously free weekend coinciding with Glastonbury. Now it could be coincidence, and she's planning on playing a cheeky round at St Andrews or attending the Isle of Wight Steam Railway gala, but I suspect not.

Making up for 2020. Or:
The Rolling Stones
Beyonce

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
People who aren't Elton John fans are now Elton John fans.
I was thinking earlier of artists I really don't like, who I could easily put together a 1 hour fantastic greatest hits playlist.

Elton John
The Carpenters (well....I actually love the Carpenters)
George Michael (albeit...)

Just Elton, then :bowdown:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Incredible I’ve been to several Glastonbury’s and almost always avoid the headline acts. But that was one for the ages. That will be talked about for years. Absolutely brilliant. What a back catalogue.
definitely. This was his Queen at Live Aid. An absolute masterclass.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Taylor Swift all but confirmed. When 2020 was cancelled Emily Eavis said she’d agreed to play it next time she toured the UK. She’s kept both possible weekends free next year.

The rumour is Sam Fender/Taylor Swift/Madonna. Sure it’ll be as fantastic as always.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here