Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury Festival 2023 - the thread

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
It varies by stage, FBS’s Park Stage shuts down at 12:15.

I wonder if the organisers ignore the rule if a main stage act run past midnight?

Eavis has let a few run over on the Pyramid down the years, but they have to pay a fine - and offer an explaination - to Mendip Council.

Probably in no mood to do that for Del Ray given that she started late...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Eavis has let a few run over on the Pyramid down the years, but they have to pay a fine - and offer an explaination - to Mendip Council.

Probably in no mood to do that for Del Ray given that she started late...

Eavis really punished her there. She remained unperturbed, possibly unaware that Glast really enforce the cut off.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
If anyone knows where to download the FBS set (not video) please let me know.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've never been to Glastonbury. So question for regulars, do all those flags and people sitting on others shoulders get in the way? I think that would seriously piss me off.
I not been for 10 years now, but went to 9 before that. A very special festival; I actually like the flags and feel they add to the atmosphere. In the wake of flags being banned at Reading/Leeds there was talk of Glastonbury following but they decided not to.

From my era I remember there was always a flag with a toaster graphic and a Wolves flag at the Pyramid stage.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Dave Grohl guesting with a headliner at Glastonbury is becoming a bit like bands appearing on later and having Jools Holland play boogie woogie piano with them.

I've never liked G&R, but always thought that they were just very good at doing something I don't like. I've just caught the last half an hour and couldn't believe quite how bad they were.
I thought G 'N' R musically were on point, perhaps I had low expectations, Axl was awful and that's what dented the performance but Slash killed it. Worth the entrance fee alone

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I tbink the last 2 days have been brilliant and varied, every act I have watched has been very good. G N R delivered a blistering set for me, ok Axel is not at the same level he once was but Slash gave one of the greatest ever Glastonbury rock guitar performances, it really a masterclass from start to finish, note perfect for 3 hours so I am surpised on the back of that some people said they were rubbish

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I thought G 'N' R musically were on point, perhaps I had low expectations, Axl was awful and that's what dented the performance but Slash killed it. Worth the entrance fee alone
Precisely. I saw GnR at Donnington in the 90s and they were amazing even though very much not my kind of music. Axl was majestic. Last night he sounded like a cross between Jimmy Somerville and Gary Glitter, with a mic that wasn't properly plugged in. Slash and the band were excellent. I have rarely seen such a large audience so disengaged. At Donnington it was utter swirling mayhem. A bit sad. Axl can't sing anymore. What were they thinking?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Astley was brilliant. As others have said, had he sung with GnR then it would have been perfect. We found the recording from the day before where he did a set of Smiths covers with the Blossoms. Absolute magic.

Those of you there, put the factor 50 on today!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here