Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury Festival 2023 - the thread

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Rick Astley doesn't come across as a racist fascist ****, so no, he shouldn't.
I have been trying to work out how to respond to this post but am not sufficiently skilled, so I will have to use Nick Cave's words instead:

"As a songwriter and someone who believes songs possess extraordinary healing power, I am saddened by the thought that songs by arguably the greatest lyricist of his generation – songs like ‘This Charming Man’, ‘Reel Around the Fountain’ and ‘Last Night I Dreamed Somebody Loved Me’ – are consigned to the moral dustbin by those who feel they have been tainted by his current political posturing. I respect and understand why people respond in this way, but can’t help but feel it is of significant personal loss to them.

Perhaps it is better to simply let Morrissey have his views, challenge them when and wherever possible, but allow his music to live on, bearing in mind we are all conflicted individuals – messy, flawed and prone to lunacies. We should thank God that there are some among us that create works of beauty beyond anything most of us can barely imagine, even as some of those same people fall prey to regressive and dangerous belief systems."

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Saw guns at spurs last summer and axel could barely sing a note so tonight’s effort is a marked improvement, but he’s never been able to sing live you go to guns n roses for slash and the spectacle and tonight has been top notch

I can confirm. Not as bad as New Order live
What's happened to Axel's voice?

Not much. He's always been ropey live.

When I saw them at their absolute peak a couple of time, he didn't sing he just screamed, very different from their records.

I'd imagine he ruined his "singing" voice back then and all you've got now is a much quiet version of his inability to sing live.

He's just not as loud.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Did Lana make the stage? I plan to catch up tomorrow before Elton

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I can confirm. Not as bad as New Order live

Not much. He's always been ropey live.

When I saw them at their absolute peak a couple of time, he didn't sing he just screamed, very different from their records.

I'd imagine he ruined his "singing" voice back then and all you've got now is a much quiet version of his inability to sing live.

He's just not as loud.
Awfully ropey! Ironically another couple of rock crusties in Bruce Dickinson and James Hetfield are still knocking it out of the park vocally. And hetfield whilst still being the down picking god of rhythm guitar.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Awfully ropey! Ironically another couple of rock crusties in Bruce Dickinson and James Hetfield are still knocking it out of the park vocally. And hetfield whilst still being the down picking god of rhythm guitar.

Saw Manic Street Preachers at that famous Reading, the ones Nirvana played at. Some of the music press at the time thought they'd been invented by the record company and couldn't play live.

I actually seen them a while before in a club in Warrington but was so hammered I don't remember the performance.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Lana Del Rey’s Ride just starting. An incredible song.
I can’t watch right now - what’s the set list been like? I was hoping maybe for Radio or National Anthem, but that’s a very long shot. Ride is a banger.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I can’t watch right now - what’s the set list been like? I was hoping maybe for Radio or National Anthem, but that’s a very long shot. Ride is a banger.

Well, my daughter’s the expert … she answers “amazing, mainly recent album so far”. Lana’s vocals are every bit as good as from the studio, this is a special performance. We’re genuinely emotional :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here