Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury Festival 2023 - the thread

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Now I'm really enjoying Leftfield, but if anyone actually believes that matey drumming like Clem Burke on Haribos is actually contributing to the atmos then I'll be surprised.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Lizzo and Lewis Capaldi both represent “diversity” to some extent but that’s where the similarities end. Say what you like about Lizzo, she’s star quality entertainment.

Who thought it was appropriate for Capaldi to go on when he’s clearly struggling with his mental and physical health? Gawping at someone losing it isn’t entertainment. I worry there’s a Svengali in the wings rinsing the poor c**t. :down:
Lizzo is quite clearly an utter star.
Box office

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
If Axl stopped moving around he might sing a bit better

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If Axl stopped moving around he might sing a bit better
I thought there was something weird going on with the balance, can’t hear him over the others

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I have to say it is much better than I imagined.
Sad that he has to have the lyrics in front of him though. All Smiths fans know them all, so he should too.
Haven't seen today's performance yet, but saw him and Blossoms do their Smiths set at Kentish Town in 2021 and he didn't need lyrics then.

Said at the time that they'd storm Glastonbury. Deserved a bigger stage/proper billing imo.

(Edit: Actually, I think he DID have a lyric book on a pedestal, but I don't think he used it.)

Last edited:

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Saw guns at spurs last summer and axel could barely sing a note so tonight’s effort is a marked improvement, but he’s never been able to sing live you go to guns n roses for slash and the spectacle and tonight has been top notch

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here