Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury Festival 2023 - the thread

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
That is so f***ing stupid, on so may levels, that I think you have actually surpassed your own very very low levels. It's like limboing under a chihuahua. I'm off now, but please give me one of your pathetic thumbsup you sad c*** :thumbsup:
Blimey, that's a bit strong.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
For anyone who watched the Pretenders and was impressed with the guitarist James Walbourne, he has his own band along with the drummer called His Lordship.
Saw them at Lafayette in London a few months ago, really good live.

IMG_8937.jpeg

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
GNR have actually turned up on time, which is a nice change.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I agree, I think they have evolved into a great band confident to do what they want. I didn’t/don’t actually like their first album that much but from album two they had me and I like the last two albums as much as the others.
Something ocurred to me a few hours ago . . . . The problem is Glastonbury . . . When I went, a fair few time, in the 90's . . . musicians and bands did what they wanted to do and you were one of the crowd happy to soak up all the variation and variety, on all stages.

Now, and maybe the last say 10 years? It's turned into a double sized crowd, got very commercial and the bands, on the big stages at least, are watched by people expecting a tediously obvious greatest hits package, nout wrong with that, we all love a bit from time to time, and even @Psychobilly freakout will be all right for fighting, and still standing tomorrow night in his glittery romper suit . . . . . . .

I digress . . . . . , Thearthritic monkeys showed last night, bands can still do what they want, even if the vacuous whinge because they just want, or expect, the bleedin obvious

GnR have just started . . . . . I have never heard any of these songs before, never will again . . . I aint complaining, but I will be writing to my MP and the Daily Mail if they don't do that one about Brighton . . . . . paradise shitty?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Lizzo and Lewis Capaldi both represent “diversity” to some extent but that’s where the similarities end. Say what you like about Lizzo, she’s star quality entertainment.

Who thought it was appropriate for Capaldi to go on when he’s clearly struggling with his mental and physical health? Gawping at someone losing it isn’t entertainment. I worry there’s a Svengali in the wings rinsing the poor c**t. :down:

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Lizzo and Lewis Capaldi both represent “diversity” to some extent but that’s where the similarities end. Say what you like about Lizzo, she’s star quality entertainment.

Who thought it was appropriate for Capaldi to go on when he’s clearly struggling with his mental and physical health? Gawping at someone losing it isn’t entertainment. I worry there’s a Svengali in the wings rinsing the poor c**t. :down:
Lewis did amazing to carry on with the set tip my hat to him glad he’s having rest of the year off only caught the end of Lizzio has watched the manics but yeah thought she was very good

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Blimey, that's a bit strong.
That is so f***ing stupid, on so may levels, that I think you have actually surpassed your own very very low levels. It's like limboing under a chihuahua. I'm off now, but please give me one of your pathetic thumbsup you sad c*** :thumbsup:
Blimey lads, it’s Glasto. Share a joint or something and give each other a hug, there’s good boys.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Lewis did amazing to carry on with the set tip my hat to him glad he’s having rest of the year off only caught the end of Lizzio has watched the manics but yeah thought she was very good
He did but he shouldn’t have gone on in the first place IMO.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

She is quality clearly, not really my cup of bovril, but you have to appreciate talent.

I do not really appreciate Capaldi, he was clearly struggling on stage, twitching etc.
you can only appreciate how hard it must have been to go on stage, when he’s clearly struggling with his anxiety, it was quite sad really, but the guy needs some recognition for trying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here