Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought AM were very good. It's nice to see a band evolve, change, grow up even . . . I guess relatively, they're Weller in the late stages of Style COuncil . . .If they were still banging out teenage power pop/punk they'd be irrelevant already. There are more than enough one trick pony bands already. . . . More than enough bands that dissapear for 10-15 years after their star fades, then reappear with 'new' music which is just a B side rejected from their first album.
I agree, I think they have evolved into a great band confident to do what they want. I didn’t/don’t actually like their first album that much but from album two they had me and I like the last two albums as much as the others.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Billy Nomates. Brilliant performance, huge energy, there's a touch of the Ian Curtis about the way she loses herself in the song. Just strange it's mainly to backing tracks. Is that just me hung up on seeing backing musicians onstage?
She got lot loads of abuse/sexist commets online. Has asked BBC to scrap any footage, and says she'll quit.

Not good.

Also: this flag.

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
She got lot loads of abuse/sexist commets online. Has asked BBC to scrap any footage, and says she'll quit.

Not good.

Also: this flag.

That's appalling (if not entirely surprising) about Billy NoMates. I saw her at EotR and she was wonderful fun.
RE that flag, it's courtesy of our wonderful @jackalbion who outdoes us all at going to gigs, festivals and the footie

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have just been catching up on the Billy NoMates stuff. I have not seen the actual abuse, and do not want to, but WTF? She said there will be no more shows after this summer. Sad if this is true.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Just woke up to find I've won tickets to Iggy Pop, Blondie, Generation Sex, Stiff Little Fingers, Buzzcocks next Saturday at ,ahem, Crippled Alice park....

All of them, well maybe not the 'cocks these day, should put on a better show than the Arctic Monkeys dullfest performance yesterday ( imo as a 50 something old fart natch )
I’m off to this as well, SLF were added not long ago which makes the day a whole lot better for me. Booked a hotel to stay in over night in Croydon, which is something I thought I’d never ever do or say. 😩

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Very little of yesterday yet on i-player. Anyone know when most of the stuff is made available?

Remember BBC 'only' record at five stages, and not every act allows it.

They roll out videos after they've been packaged, which seems to take a bit of time.

Don't miss the TV highlights section. One video includes Royal Blood, Warpaint, Young Fathers etc.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Remember BBC 'only' record at five stages, and not every act allows it.

They roll out videos after they've been packaged, which seems to take a bit of time.

Don't miss the TV highlights section. One video includes Royal Blood, Warpaint, Young Fathers etc.

Is it a copyright thing, last night and today I can't see the entire Sparks performance on iPlayer?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports