Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury Festival 2023 - the thread

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Which is a shame, because a few I saw really deserved the Television coverage (CMAT, The Last Dinner Party, Wunderhorse, Adwaith (although I think 6 Music recorded their set)) and The Hives set was fantastic.
The Hives are always great fun. Saw them at the QOTSA gig up at Finsbury Park and they were really good fun live even though I didn't know any of the songs.

Think I bumped into you at one point at that gig actually.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Which is a shame, because a few I saw really deserved the Television coverage (CMAT, The Last Dinner Party, Wunderhorse, Adwaith (although I think 6 Music recorded their set)) and The Hives set was fantastic.
I used to think it was a shame that the BBC coverage doesn't truly represent Glastonbury.

But given the reaction by (some) 6 Music followers to Billy Nomates, it's probably for the best...

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
I then headed back to the park to see Los Bitchos who I was really impressed with live, really good guitar tunes and a great vibe for a hot afternoon.

Scalping we’re great with their driving heavy drone
Two bands that were on at Green Door Store for Great Escape 2019 when I was the venue tech assistant.

All really nice people as well as putting on a great set so nice to see them playing more festivals.

Scalping were great in GDS at about 1am

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
watching the dancing girls in the raised cages, amongst some fire breathers, for 15 minutes. Mesmeric, artistic and sexy :love:.
Herr Tubthumper, Herr Tubthumper, come back, come back.....

Wow, where was I?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Which begs the question how does he get tickets every year for 25 (or more) years when thousands miss out in the internet scramble particularly over last 10 years?
'Industry' people get access to tickets, maybe he works for, or connections to, a band, a publisher, a record label etc. Or works for, ir has connecctions to, one of the many other companies who help put on the show.

E.g. If you remember many years ago FBS put Dick Knight and his son or nephew on his list.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Which begs the question how does he get tickets every year for 25 (or more) years when thousands miss out in the internet scramble particularly over last 10 years?
Some people are very well organized and have teams of people helping each other get tickets.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Maybe he works there. I do, and will do till I drop.
Reading up on him, doesnt appear so, particularly as he stands in the same spot a lot of the day every day. Cant be many Glastonbury jobs that allow that?

It did say one year he failed to get a ticket and wrote to Eavis who duly obliged.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Reading up on him, doesnt appear so, particularly as he stands in the same spot a lot of the day every day. Cant be many Glastonbury jobs that allow that?

It did say one year he failed to get a ticket and wrote to Eavis who duly obliged.
There are many jobs at Glastonbury that finish by the time the weekend action starts, giving the worker access to whatever they want from Wednesday or Thursday onwards.

I’m not saying this is relevant to him, but it’s possible.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

There are many jobs at Glastonbury that finish by the time the weekend action starts, giving the worker access to whatever they want from Wednesday or Thursday onwards.

I’m not saying this is relevant to him, but it’s possible.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Probably song of the festival here, where you can catch me getting a bit lively in the pit at the beginning.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Will piggyback on to this thread, as I doubt a specific one will generate much interest. We're off to Love Supreme in a few hours. Plans are for:
Friday -- Gabriels
Saturday -- Little Simz, Greentea Peng, (Courtney Pine?)
Sunday -- Grace Jones, Candy Staton, Yussef Dayes, Mulatu Astatke -- potentially Thundercat and Binker Golding too, but they're both headlining so not only clash with one another but also Grace Jones
All about loaded towards Sunday. Any other recommendations? Anyone else going, or have been in the past and have recommendations (we went to a day last year)?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

Go to Glastonbury every year for 40 years and stand in the same spot in front of the same stage every day? What drugs is he on?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here