Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury Festival 2023 - the thread

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Didn't get around to watching that. I see now that many were accusing her of miming.

Went to see her at Somerset House last night. She and the musicians were 100% miming. So, so poor!
She’s not miming, she’s using an audio affect, I’m not a fan of it but it is used by quite a few artists instead of backing vocals now. She’s still singing live.

Pale Waves used it here for example

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Not Glastonbury but the BBC coverage of TRNSMT is okay. The Paul Heaton set is good with a new female vocalist who has a great voice, standing in for Jacqui Abbott.
Rianne Downey. Playing at the Hope in October I think, saw her at The Great Escape, fabulous voice.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
She’s not miming, she’s using an audio affect, I’m not a fan of it but it is used by quite a few artists instead of backing vocals now. She’s still singing live.

Pale Waves used it here for example

Nah, that's not the same. There's an obvious, ad-libbed "come on" in that Pale Waves video.

With Goldfrapp last night, there was literally zero deviation in the vocal from the recording. Only speaking was between tracks.

Also... there were no leads in the back of the keyboard, no lights flashing on the amplifiers and no beater hitting the bass drum (although the drummer may have been triggering a digital pad).

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Nah, that's not the same. There's an obvious, ad-libbed "come on" in that Pale Waves video.

With Goldfrapp last night, there was literally zero deviation in the vocal from the recording. Only speaking was between tracks.

Also... there were no leads in the back of the keyboard, no lights flashing on the amplifiers and no beater hitting the bass drum (although the drummer may have been triggering a digital pad).
It was definitely live at Glastonbury, but sounded mimed because of the backing track, like I said Im not a fan of it, but it’s live, a lot of instruments don’t have leads now, I don’t know how the technology works (blue tooth maybe), but they’re still connected. Maybe she is hitting the notes so well, it’s an odd set up, not sure if I’d pay for it.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Decide for yourselves...

(Click through pages for multiple perfect vocals)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Oof that looks pretty bad, a lot worse when I had my suspicions.
Dunno why I'm so annoyed about it.

I love Confidence Man and they very obviously mime.

All about expectations, I guess.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Dunno why I'm so annoyed about it.

I love Confidence Man and they very obviously mime.

All about expectations, I guess.
I don’t think they mime at all, they have a backing track and auto tune, and they have a live band (kind of). At least the 5 times I’ve seen them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here