Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glastonbury 2015 Ticket day fast approaching!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
a row, a row , it's gonna be 2 in a row. :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Another example of tickets needing to be done differently.

Yes I am still bitter!

How do you propose they sell them? The current system seems about as fair as you can get, and you get a second bite of the cherry in April.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
How do you propose they sell them? The current system seems about as fair as you can get, and you get a second bite of the cherry in April.

It's the one event where the tickets actually get sold to the people who use them. I'm disappointed to have missed out again but I cannot fault the ticket process, it's the best out there imo. I'm 3 for 6 which I can't complain too much about.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares

With the current system it's not totally clear how random the chances to connect to the servers are, there are possibilities that ISP, connection speed, system hardware, location, etc. could give an unfair advantage to someone connecting to the site.

They could take a similar approach to the Olympics, basically you register your interest for the ticket and provide payment details and then a ballot is drawn at random.

There is also the question of whether loyalty should be rewarded or not? Should those of us who bought tickets back when they were less than £100 and the event didn't sell out be given preference over the JCLs?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
With the current system it's not totally clear how random the chances to connect to the servers are, there are possibilities that ISP, connection speed, system hardware, location, etc. could give an unfair advantage to someone connecting to the site.

They could take a similar approach to the Olympics, basically you register your interest for the ticket and provide payment details and then a ballot is drawn at random.

There is also the question of whether loyalty should be rewarded or not? Should those of us who bought tickets back when they were less than £100 and the event didn't sell out be given preference over the JCLs?
That would result in the same people going every single year, which I don't would be any good in terms of the atmosphere.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I've been to all the last 16 but missed out for the first time ever yesterday.

I think the way it is now does give an unfair advantage to those with access to better connections and faster server speeds - or those who can afford ultra-fast broadband. Heard about someone who got tickets because her banker husband went into work so he could use the office computers and got through straight away. It's a shame they've got rid of the phone lines, as at least they were more democratic.

There's also something to be said about rewarding persistence. When it used to take a few hours to sell out, the people who are not that bothered stop trying after a while leaving the more determined with a better chance. One year I remember they went on sale at 9 in the evening on a Sunday. I stayed up all night and eventually got through at 6am. You can't say that wasn't well deserved!

The loyalty issue is also an interesting point. Of course newcomers should be encouraged, but it would be nice to reward those who have supported the festival for many years- perhaps by having an advance sale of a few thousand tickets.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I think the way it is now does give an unfair advantage to those with access to better connections and faster server speeds - or those who can afford ultra-fast broadband. Heard about someone who got tickets because her banker husband went into work so he could use the office computers and got through straight away. It's a shame they've got rid of the phone lines, as at least they were more democratic.

There's also something to be said about rewarding persistence. When it used to take a few hours to sell out, the people who are not that bothered stop trying after a while leaving the more determined with a better chance. One year I remember they went on sale at 9 in the evening on a Sunday. I stayed up all night and eventually got through at 6am. You can't say that wasn't well deserved!

The loyalty issue is also an interesting point. Of course newcomers should be encouraged, but it would be nice to reward those who have supported the festival for many years- perhaps by having an advance sale of a few thousand tickets.

Genuine question. Do server speeds etc affect your chance? Don't you just get a randomly allocated place in a queue once you're connected?

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
Genuine question. Do server speeds etc affect your chance? Don't you just get a randomly allocated place in a queue once you're connected?

I don't think they do at all, my misses managed to get on twice using her mums dodgy old computer and slow arse Internet, chuffed to be going tho irrelevant how she got them and don't think there really is any fairer way of doing it.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Agreed, I think they should try and show some loyalty, Only 4/5 years ago the festival wasnt sold out, Jay Z headlining year and the following I think it was Bruce Springsteen, No problem getting a ticket at all.

Been once since then and I cant wait for this year, however I do feel bad on the people who try and go every year and support the festival in more ways than going to get trashed.

Unfortunatly I was one of those who headed into the office and tried, however it didnt pay off. we had 6 of us all trying on a computer and mobile phones 3G one person got the through which meant we all could, very lucky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here