Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Glaring omission in yesterday's listing of the match officials!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Kane must have been fuming!

Never mind the propensity to go down too easily have you ever seen a player in the refs ear so much? Even when the decision was not remotely contentious he couldn't help himself chirping away. Does his 'status' somehow make him immune from a ref saying early doors " go away and please take note that I'm in fact in charge" !

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Kane must have been fuming!

Never mind the propensity to go down too easily have you ever seen a player in the refs ear so much? Even when the decision was not remotely contentious he couldn't help himself chirping away. Does his 'status' somehow make him immune from a ref saying early doors " go away and please take note that I'm in fact in charge" !

He's an honorary member of the VAR club.
This gives Kane the following exclusive rights:
1. Bending a refs earole'
2. His very own parking space st Stockley Park
3. The rights to herd Spuds across the M4.
4. Get away with everything, as he's England's captain.
5. Free submarine travel.

Please feel free to add your own.....:thumbsup:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
That wasn't the debate. It was just how Kane tries to run the game and influence the ref and how they need to tell him to get lost

I agree. He gets away with a lot, just because he is who he is. I was actually surprised that Tony Harrington was brave enough to show him that early yellow card.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Ever since we’ve been in the Premier league, it’s been very noticeable how pretty much all the England team are twats. It makes it very hard to want England to do well.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Ever since we’ve been in the Premier league, it’s been very noticeable how pretty much all the England team are twats. It makes it very hard to want England to do well.

I said similar before the Euros. These players being held up as role models was a bit nauseating. I'm not someone who expects footballers (or anyone) to be perfect but equally trying to paint them all as some kind of heroic representation of the best of England was just blatantly lying.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
He's an honorary member of the VAR club.
This gives Kane the following exclusive rights:
1. Bending a refs earole'
2. His very own parking space st Stockley Park
3. The rights to herd Spuds across the M4.
4. Get away with everything, as he's England's captain.
5. Free submarine travel.

Please feel free to add your own.....:thumbsup:

Older NSCers might recall former England skipper Bryan Robson at Manchester United was the original exponent of this, although with a slightly different MO.

He’d spend much of the warm up ‘bantering’ with the ref, even sometimes putting his arm round him at the toss us. The first half would normally consist of Robson praising the ref and defending him when others were questioning decisions, so whatever the score, unless extreme circumstances, the ref would go in at half time thinking that he was
1) Robson’s mate
2) He was on his side

So then the second half of the said game Robson would basically appeal for everything, and more often than not get a 50/50 decision or even sometimes a wrong decision going his and United’s way.

I once met John Motson at the Albert Hall in the late 1980’s, Herol Graham vs Mike McCallum I believe, asked him about this theory, and he wryly
smiled “Robbo’s a clever bloke’”

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Older NSCers might recall former England skipper Bryan Robson at Manchester United was the original exponent of this, although with a slightly different MO.

He’d spend much of the warm up ‘bantering’ with the ref, even sometimes putting his arm round him at the toss us. The first half would normally consist of Robson praising the ref and defending him when others were questioning decisions, so whatever the score, unless extreme circumstances, the ref would go in at half time thinking that he was
1) Robson’s mate
2) He was on his side

So then the second half of the said game Robson would basically appeal for everything, and more often than not get a 50/50 decision or even sometimes a wrong decision going his and United’s way.

I once met John Motson at the Albert Hall in the late 1980’s, Herol Graham vs Mike McCallum I believe, asked him about this theory, and he wryly
smiled “Robbo’s a clever bloke’”

Cheers for that, great story :thumbsup:

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
The main reason I don't watch England play as Kane is a serial cheat and find it hypocritical to whinge about him at club level and then support him for our national side. The bloke is a cheat, pure and simple. Also he spends a lot of time trying to get players booked and sent off. Can't stand him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think this is normally true of Kane, but was actually far less noticeable than previous games.

Pierre-Emile ****ing Højbjerg, on the other hand…. Utter prick.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
He is also very good at buying a foul. Its frustrating, less than honest, but not quite cheating.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here