Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** Glamorgan v Sussex at Cardiff, 14.00 Jun 8, 2016 One-Day Cup, South Group **

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Any idea why Wells doesn't play in these games. I know he's not cut out for T20 but the 50 over format should suit him and he's another bowling option. That batting looks very fragile - Jordan is at least one place too hgh

His spin bowling is excellent too, the side seems a little imbalanced as well, I would assume also if we were allowed two overseas we would be playing Weise over Finch. Lets hope Wright and Robbo turn it around, we have talent in there may just be a confidence thing.

Wells, Machan and Beer should be playing - they said Machan's is due to injury. Garton has taken his chance very well. Odd why they played Goff last night.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
His spin bowling is excellent too, the side seems a little imbalanced as well, I would assume also if we were allowed two overseas we would be playing Weise over Finch. Lets hope Wright and Robbo turn it around, we have talent in there may just be a confidence thing.

Wells, Machan and Beer should be playing - they said Machan's is due to injury. Garton has taken his chance very well. Odd why they played Goff last night.

I think they're only allowed 1 Overseas player in the 50 overs format.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I think they're only allowed 1 Overseas player in the 50 overs format.

Which is frankly bonkers. We have T20 and 50 over competitions running at the same time. Counties are paying for two over seas players, yet can only use one. More ECB madness. If you are going to make one part of the season all about the shorter formats, why not actually let counties field the best team they can?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
On the wider subject of our aspirations this season, are we starting to see the fall out from going for the cheap option in terms of replacing Robbo already?

There seems little thought behind our tactics in this and the t20 format (despite 2 wins from 3) and the Championship season has hardly started well either.

I would have gone for someone with more experience and drive as head coach. I know it's going over old ground, but I would have made every effort to get Chris Adams back. He loves the club and is the sort of ruthless winner to make the difference.

Seems a bit of a mess at the moment,

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Machan was injured so couldn't but should have played Beer - he's a decent bat and an excellent fielder. I think they've gone for Briggs and have to justify that decision but he's not set the world on fire. Wells and Beer for the Goff and Briggs would have considerably strengthened the team yesterday

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

Especially as the Essex commentators on Monday spent the whole game talking about how the spinners had been the most difficult bowlers to get away at Cardiff. Which is the only home ground the test side ever pick two spinners for. As a result Nash ended up bowling 5 overs, when he had only bowled three all season. Who would bet against us going the whole One Day cup campaign without a win again?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
On the wider subject of our aspirations this season, are we starting to see the fall out from going for the cheap option in terms of replacing Robbo already?

There seems little thought behind our tactics in this and the t20 format (despite 2 wins from 3) and the Championship season has hardly started well either.

I would have gone for someone with more experience and drive as head coach. I know it's going over old ground, but I would have made every effort to get Chris Adams back. He loves the club and is the sort of ruthless winner to make the difference.

What?? Problems?? Cheap option?? Mark Davis?? Surely not???

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

My thoughts entirely, Robbo's departure should have signalled the pursuit of someone who can turn the entire squad around, it might have cost but how much will it cost in attendances when supporters see little hope of a win or even competitive cricket....we could become the replacement for Leicestershire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here