Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glad all Over!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Of course I was pleased when that shower of shite up the road lost yesterday, it rounded off a good weekend but after last season it's going to take more than a couple of wins to shake me out of the pessimistic mood I'm currently in where Albion are concerned. If we're still going well come Christmas then that will certainly change, but for now I'm not going to let myself get carried away.

Still nothing complementary about your own team? Come on, either say something nice about us, or say 'Botty's right, I am a Palace Sock-puppet and I'd have got away with if it wasn't for you meddling kids!'

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
These are the most cringeworthy threads on NSC and thats saying something. Its not even good banter. Your teams so shit. No your teams so shit.

Realistically Palace could be aiming for an 8th-10th place finish, we the bottom of the premier league very open.

Where as we right now have won 3 games in a row but are no where near the level of being considered as promotion contenders.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Where as we right now have won 3 games in a row but are no where near the level of being considered as promotion contenders.

Nobody has said we are. All anyone said was I like it when we win and they lose. Perhaps not worth a thread, but given how long its been since a weekend like it, its neither remarkable nor cringeworthy that somebody said it.

It only turns into playground squabbling because the board has a small army of Palace fans who monitor any mention of their team and argue that a board full of Brighton fans are looking at their team negatively. Well duh!

Northern Monkey

Dec 5, 2012
Still nothing complementary about your own team? Come on, either say something nice about us, or say 'Botty's right, I am a Palace Sock-puppet and I'd have got away with if it wasn't for you meddling kids!'

What do you want me to say? Yes, we've started the season well and it looks like we carry quite a threat going forwards. Baldock and Hemed both look to be a good signings plus we should soon have Bobby coming off the bench. What was most pleasing about Saturday though was the way we stood up to a fair amount of Fulham pressure and were able to stay in the game and then nick it at the end. It's all a massive improvement on last season.

Like I've already said, it's very early days and I don't want to let myself get carried away but it does look very promising. At the very least, I don't think we'll be scrapping near the bottom this season. :thumbsup:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Wouldn't it be better to start making bragging threads like this when we are close to being in the same league as them. Either us going up or them coming back down. Despite the weekends results, its like celebrating winning £5 after losing £200 bet last week.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
What do you want me to say? Yes, we've started the season well and it looks like we carry quite a threat going forwards. Baldock and Hemed both look to be a good signings plus we should soon have Bobby coming off the bench. What was most pleasing about Saturday though was the way we stood up to a fair amount of Fulham pressure and were able to stay in the game and then nick it at the end. It's all a massive improvement on last season.

Like I've already said, it's very early days and I don't want to let myself get carried away but it does look very promising. At the very least, I don't think we'll be scrapping near the bottom this season. :thumbsup:

You might want to get Bozza to delete your entire posting history, every single post a veiled homage to Crystal Mighty FC, if you're going to insist on poncing around on here posing as a member of the glorious blue and white army and playing to the BBS cheap seats with your 'oh so hilarious' bottom gags.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Clearly Palarse so you've been added to my ignore list.

Northern Monkey

Dec 5, 2012
You might want to get Bozza to delete your entire posting history, every single post a veiled homage to Crystal Mighty FC, if you're going to insist on poncing around on here posing as a member of the glorious blue and white army and playing to the BBS cheap seats with your 'oh so hilarious' bottom gags.

So we weren't in a relegation fight last season? We weren't fully assured of safety until near the end of the season? Was it all a dream? Did the 6 months watching the players run about without a clue, all the while being directed by a man with all the tactical sense of a concussed duck not actually happen? Oh please god make it so.

At the end of the day I really couldn't give a toss if you think I'm a Brighton fan or not, but labelling me a Palace fan just because I'm cautiously optimistic about the rest of the season is frankly laughable.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
So we weren't in a relegation fight last season? We weren't fully assured of safety until near the end of the season? Was it all a dream? Did the 6 months watching the players run about without a clue, all the while being directed by a man with all the tactical sense of a concussed duck not actually happen? Oh please god make it so.

At the end of the day I really couldn't give a toss if you think I'm a Brighton fan or not, but labelling me a Palace fan just because I'm cautiously optimistic about the rest of the season is frankly laughable.

Why bother mate, f/ing hell.

albionite

May 20, 2009

Not a Nigel:ffsparr: think you should of tried to blend in a little harder if your going to bull:shit:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

I don't think he labelled you Palace because of your cautious optimism, I think he labelled you Palace because in previous posts you have taken the time to post defences or argue with criticsms of Holloway, Jedinak, Ron Noades, the worth of Dwight Gayle, the relationship between Pardew and Cabaye, the way Palace kept hold of players during administration, and made many concern troll criticisms of Brighton, but have not found one positive thing to say about the club you say you support until responding to a (repeated) request for you to do so.

We don't really care, but have the good grace to stop the pretence and just laugh off the fact that you've been rumbled. I would suggest something along the lines of: "You got lucky this time Brighton, but I only need to be lucky once!", or just shout 'I'll get you Penelope Pitstop!' run out as the hooded claw and return as Sylvester Sneekley.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Nobody has said we are. All anyone said was I like it when we win and they lose. Perhaps not worth a thread, but given how long its been since a weekend like it, its neither remarkable nor cringeworthy that somebody said it.

It only turns into playground squabbling because the board has a small army of Palace fans who monitor any mention of their team and argue that a board full of Brighton fans are looking at their team negatively. Well duh!

Fair point

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm sorry, but are people really trying to take the piss out of Palace narrowly losing to Arsenal? Do you realise how bitter it makes us sound?
Probably.

You'll agree that palace fans and their team are wankers though, also that their ground should be condemned. You'd agree with that though, right?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can we all just agree not to start a palace thread for a fair few months so we don't let the usual dullards have a thread to post on? Knew as soon as this thread was made it would be a binfest...

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
I hate Arsenal with a passion.I hate their manager,their plastic fans and their smug bottle job players.
I hate Palace with a passion.I hate their manager,their plastic fans,but I think their players are showing a bit of bottle.

My best scenario would have been a nuclear warhead to have landed on Smellhurst at around kick off time.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Probably.

You'll agree that palace fans and their team are wankers though, also that their ground should be condemned. You'd agree with that though, right?
*snigger*

How could he not agree unconditionally to that ?

Perhaps he'll also comment that he agrees that palace's current success is built as a house of cards, and it won't take too much bad luck for the whole thing to come crashing down ? ???

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Baldock looks a good new signing..? :lol: How ****ing sad that you wish to pretend to be a Brighton fan. Also added to my ignore list with the rest of the dullards :wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here