Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Given our injuries...

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
...would anyone have believed how well we controlled the vast majority of that match, despite 'only' winning 4 -2 ?
Outstanding performances from all of them. (Except Steel...for @Mustafa II 's benefit).
We really are a gutsy team, and capable of the unthinkable when we gel.
Fabulous way to end the year and all of them should take a bow - and what an exciting match for the neutrals, too (I'll include Palace, there. :) )

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Truly remarkable.

Listening to 5Live before the game and it was all about how Spurs, back on form and on a run of three straight wins, could be back in the top four. No-one gave us a chance tonight, so to be leading 4-0 and playing so ridiculously well was an incredible feat.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Fake news. What injuries? I'm sure if we had injuries, the media would have made something of it, like they did with all the spurs injuries.
Tbf to Amazon they mentioned Brighton's injuries as much as spurs and Ange even commented on our injury problems pre match.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Agree.
Very irritating that I keep hearing about spurs and their injuries and 'fatigue'- including Ange in his post match interview and on 5 Live Daily football podcast just listening to, but not once was our injury list mentioned, nor potential fatigue since we've also had europa league to deal with (and top our group in). Spurs aren't even in Europe ffs - fatigue my arse!

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Instantly into my top 10 most memorable Albion performances, especially in light of the aforementioned circumstances, to reiterate being an old git Lawrenson is my Albion greatest of all time but in Pedro there is now a legitimate challenger.

Ifs and buts 🙈, just think what a fit Mitoma and Enciso could have added? 😂

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Said it before but all the minutes our wider squad and youngsters are getting now is going to pay off massively later in the season and beyond. Not ideal circumstances of course but as we get players back the squad depth will be immense, particularly if we add a couple in the upcoming window (can’t see us selling anyone thankfully). All set for a strong second half of the season hopefully.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I don't think I've ever been as surprised by how a game panned out as I was yesterday. I couldn't see, with all the injuries, how we could possibly put in a performance other than perhaps a backs to the wall "grab a winner and hold on" kind of game. To play such good football and be thoroughly deserving of a big victory is testament to the players and RDZ. One of the very best performances for me.

Last edited:

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Said it before but all the minutes our wider squad and youngsters are getting now is going to pay off massively later in the season and beyond. Not ideal circumstances of course but as we get players back the squad depth will be immense, particularly if we add a couple in the upcoming window (can’t see us selling anyone thankfully). All set for a strong second half of the season hopefully.

Exactly.
Many have criticised the constant changes to the team but it means that now we have a squad all with game time and used to playing the system. Those lost to injury or suspension can be replaced without too much disruption.

Spurs complaining that they don't have enough players that can play Poste's way. HA.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Ifs and buts 🙈, just think what a fit Mitoma and Enciso could have added? 😂
I actually think in a strange way that played into our hands. Mitoma, Man of the moment have to double up on him etc, all scouting reports based on how to stop him. Then we pull the rabbit from the hat and play Milner there, and fantastically well he done.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I wouldn't say we were 'in control'. To be honest, it felt all along that it could end 5-5 or something like that. In the first half, they had quite a lot of the ball in and around the box and were quite wasteful - in as much as they didn't actually take any shots. When they did shoot, they looked dangerous, and I always felt they were a goal away from opening the floodgates. The first half alone could have ended 4-2.

A highly enjoyable game.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
It was noticeable how the Amazon commentators started the game saying what a great team Spurs were ….and then during the game that changed until they were bubbling over with praise for Brighton.
Pervis ! What a goal! What a substitution!
I thought Townsend was terrible, lost count of the number of times he was hoping for a Spurs goal to get them back in it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here