Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Given FFP and how Barber loves to save money....

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Does expenses like this even count towards FFP? If it does team like Carlisle or Plymouth could argue it is prejudiced against them as they will have more overnight stays than most.

Regardless, if Oscar feels it will improve our chances it is fine by me.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I stayed at the Radisson Blu in Durham during the Ashes. I learnt from the management that they have Premier League visiting sides stay there for both Sunderland and Newcastle games and also county cricket sides when playing against Durham.
Interestingly he said that the footballers are always perfectly behaved but they often have problem with drunk county cricket players. I guess it's because the footballers are under a microscope and the county cricketers are fairly anonymous.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dont the away teams expenses get paid by the home club as they now keep the gate money or is that just the Premier.

Palace stayed at The East Sussex Golf Club when Dougie was manager not sure since the clown has been there probably a big top somewhere.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Palace stayed near Uckfield.

They have stayed at the Copthorne hotel before.

Palace did indeed stay near Uckfield, at the East Sussex National for the League game I believe and at Buxted Park for the Play-off game.

It seems that since we have moved to Falmer, the ESN has become a favourite for a lot of Clubs - Newcastle have stayed there for both our FA Cup fixtures.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Dont the away teams expenses get paid by the home club as they now keep the gate money or is that just the Premier.

Palace stayed at The East Sussex Golf Club when Dougie was manager not sure since the clown has been there probably a big top somewhere.

Apparently only is the kickoff is midday or before:

27.4 Should a kick-off at 12.00 noon or earlier necessitate the Away Club incurring overnight hotel expenses, the Away Club shall be entitled to claim the hotel expenses incurred (at the rate and as determined by the Executive from time to time, per person per night for a party not exceeding twenty four in number) against the gross gate, any dispute to be determined by the Executive.

Take from Football League Regulations

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I stayed at the Radisson Blu in Durham during the Ashes. I learnt from the management that they have Premier League visiting sides stay there for both Sunderland and Newcastle games and also county cricket sides when playing against Durham.
Interestingly he said that the footballers are always perfectly behaved but they often have problem with drunk county cricket players. I guess it's because the footballers are under a microscope and the county cricketers are fairly anonymous.

I stayed at the Bristol Aztec & Spa hotel for 3 nights in April when the Huddersfield team and Northants cricket team were staying there. They were all well behaved.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'm surprised our lot aren't saving on the Hotels & getting our players to do a spot of camping on away trips tbh. We all do it so well down here, apparently...

:cheery:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
My mate works at the Buxted Park hotel and said the day of the play off game the palace coach driver came running g in asking for the toilet :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here