Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Give Blood.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I donated quite early into lockdown at a session in Redhill.

Went fine with the social distancing mentioned. My blood got the baby bag as usual. Mint Club biscuits post donation were lovely too.

I always feel great after donating, and it's an even better time to be a donor and support the NHS in a very direct way

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Really do think that this is something that maybe Hancock could pick up on by high lighting not just for now but for ever the need for blood donars,as you say it is a very direct way of saying thank-you to the Nhs for being there and everything that they do. Booked to go in October.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Yep. Booking a slot is like booking for Glastonbury. Every time I look, they're fully booked. I gave for years but I don't think I've donated since about 2012/2013 - it's just so difficult to do now

I also find it frustrating that you can no longer book your next slot while enjoying your post donation TUC biscuit but the app and website do allow a lot of search options to help facilitate your next booking, please give it a try.

I get really annoyed that I can't donate again as soon as the NHS calendar allows such is the popularity here but I go as often as possible. Last time was in early lockdown and we sat outside Horsham YMCA FC in the car park - plenty of jokes and high spirits by all involved.

Last edited:

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Really do think that this is something that maybe Hancock could pick up on by high lighting not just for now but for ever the need for blood donars,as you say it is a very direct way of saying thank-you to the Nhs for being there and everything that they do. Booked to go in October.

Hancock you say, blood donor?

He was on it years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zo0VyPn9dc

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I also find it frustrating that you can no longer book your next slot while enjoying your post donation TUC biscuit but the app and website do allow a lot of search options to help facilitate your next booking, please give it a try.

I get really annoyed that I can't donate again as soon as the NHS calendar allows such is the popularity here but I go as often as possible. Last time was in early lockdown and we sat outside Horsham YMCA FC in the car park - plenty of jokes and high spirits by all involved.

Did my 28th donation two weeks ago. All went very smoothly and the staff and distancing was excellent. Ironically just had a text today to say my donation had gone up to Stoke! I know it gets moved around depending upon need but surprised it went that far.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

Another vote for the App.. normally book the next day after donating.. gives all the local options....Booked again for July

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Blimey, there have been some cancellations so I managed to get a slot for a fortnight's time - it seemed to be the only slot free for four months

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
This thread is very uplifting with all the fantastic blood donors doing something that saves thousands of lives a year and it's a gesture to be very proud of.

I'm feeling a bit poorly at the moment with anaemia but reading through this has made me a little bit better. Thanks and well done to everyone. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here