Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gin drinkers

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Had a G&T in the summer with a wedge of watermelon in. That was delish. Only got into Gin in the summer but love it. Bottle of Hendricks and bottle of Bulldog on the go at the moment although I prefer it as a summer drink.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I've always loved a nice G&T, so am enjoying the current gin trend. The only downside is that the mrs has jumped on the band wagon and is now drinking MY GIN!
Being able to enjoy the different tastes is really down to putting in a little bit of effort in how you make your drink and pairing with the correct accompaniment to bring out the flavour.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm surprised

View attachment 81524

isn't on that list.
It's certainly my favourite although my sample list is considerably shorter.

So many gins, so little cupboard space (and budget for more gin)!

I'll be honest - I'm probably not very good at telling them apart. I really need to pour very small measures of each and taste them side by side.

I had given thought before to some sort of NSC gin event in a suitable Brighton venue, possibly trying to also make it an REMF fundraiser.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Both myself and my wife are into Gin, and ever since she tried a couple of fruit gins at The Libertine in Worthing she's been into fruit gins.

Edgerton Pink is a nice, as is Greenall's Wild Berry.

There are some very nice raspberry, rhubarb, sloe and damson gins out there.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

I'll be honest - I'm probably not very good at telling them apart. I really need to pour very small measures of each and taste them side by side.

I had given thought before to some sort of NSC gin event in a suitable Brighton venue, possibly trying to also make it an REMF fundraiser.

I think that would be a hit!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Mrs B had a gin birthday party last summer and this was a sample of what was on offer. The West Winds (Australian) was very crisp and sweet (although not too sweet) and went really quickly, as did the Lemon and Earl Grey (back left); I'm yet to tuck into Tarquin's (so to speak); Edinburgh (back right) is very nice with orange, but the Hermo (Swedish) is the only one I'm really not that keen on. It has a slightly strange herby/spicy taste, which I'm not that keen on. I used to LOVE Hendricks, but I've gone off it a bit in the past few months. It's still nice, but there are others I prefer.

Since this picture we've added Tanqueray 10, Williams GB, the spice one Edna mentioned, a Shoreham-by-Sea gin (fennel-infused, so a lovely aniseed-y flavour – tastes much better than it sounds) and a few others. We literally can't drink it quick enough! :cheers::drink::drink::whisky:

GIN.jpg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Out of all the top selling Gins I cannot for the life of me taste any difference, same for Vodka.
Apparently Plymouth gin is the choice of the best cocktail bars around the world, but again I can't taste the difference between Plymouth and say Bombay Sapphire or Gordons

I concur on Plymouth Gin, just about perfect. There are many others, the ones in coloured bottles are disguising their lack of clearness and purity, and others have wild and wonderful flavours, but Plymouth, neat on the rocks, maybe a squeeze of lemon or lime, that does it for me

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Gin drinkers BEWARE - that way lies infanticide, starvation, madness, decay and suicide ..............

gin-lane-illustration-from-hogarth-william-hogarth.jpg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If you want to try a few variations of Gin and mixers together then pop in to the Gin Tub on Church Road. Biased here because my mate owns it but there are some great combos to try.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If you want to try a few variations of Gin and mixers together then pop in to the Gin Tub on Church Road. Biased here because my mate owns it but there are some great combos to try.

Hmmm, now if only there was somebody looking to organise some sort of gin tasting evening, perhaps as a REMF fundraiser. This would seem like the ideal venue.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Hmmm, now if only there was somebody looking to organise some sort of gin tasting evening, perhaps as a REMF fundraiser. This would seem like the ideal venue.

The Libertine in Worthing also has a wide selection / menu of gins available, but as many on here would get a case of the vapours if they had to venture THAT far West I guess Brighton will have to do.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Do try the stuff in my OP. I really can't tell the difference between Gins apart from some of those nasty over flavoured ones. But this was a revelation and I'd defy anyone not to get it. In saying that perhaps the purists would turn there back on it ???

Here's a link ... read the reviews (it can be got cheaper than this too if shopping around)

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/24268/nordes-gin

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Hmmm, now there's a thought. It would be for a good cause wouldn't it.

Well...... Already made a call and for £35.00 quid Steve does a 5 gin tasting (doubles) with mixers (varied) and he would be prepared to throw a tenner per head of that into the REMF. Can cater for 25/30 on a midweek night but they are chocker fri and sat so ? They do another type of deal where they take infusion orders from you and then two weeks later they have them ready for everyone and have a contest where everyone decides who's was best. Probably from some sort of list I presume.
Anyway, I'm quite prepared to do my bit if enough were interested. Over to you Edna.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here