Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gillingham FC.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Bottom of league two,manager Neil Harris knows his way around London and the south for players and chairman/owner Paul Scally looking for investment. So what next ?

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Not sure i really understand the hate for Gills. I cant say it was a particularly lovely part of the country but our time up there was never as bad as a lot of people make out. I quite enjoyed our seasons up there. The football wasn't brilliant (although there was a great spell under horton), but it was cheap and a good laugh.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Bottom of league two,manager Neil Harris knows his way around London and the south for players and chairman/owner Paul Scally looking for investment. So what next ?
I understand about to receive investment.

Have a good friend who follows them everywhere and has landed a voluntary role with them.

I hope they survive and return.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
He could work on one of those open top tourist buses. Or maybe signposting the way to Charlton for BHA fans who struggle with google and feel the need to start a thread about it.
On a serious note I’m surprised they are doing so badly. Looked ok in the cup game against Dagenham.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Not sure i really understand the hate for Gills. I cant say it was a particularly lovely part of the country but our time up there was never as bad as a lot of people make out. I quite enjoyed our seasons up there. The football wasn't brilliant (although there was a great spell under horton), but it was cheap and a good laugh.
Yep, in full agreement. I enjoyed the Gillingham years. They made us welcome when others wouldn’t. I seem to remember some disrespect towards them from our resident ex tannoy announcer as well. Was that after the final game ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was so easy for me - 25 minutes door to door, the Cricketers, meeting some smashing people many of whom (like our dear leader) remain pals*. However, Scally has squandered his opportunity to build a strong town club. Never let someone who supports another club buy yours.

*Some may disagree with this assessment :LOL:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Fond memories of the shithole as a teenager, made me appreciate what we had.

I will say the chippy near the ground did a cracking chicken and chips combo back in the day though.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
It was so easy for me - 25 minutes door to door, the Cricketers, meeting some smashing people many of whom (like our dear leader) remain pals*. However, Scally has squandered his opportunity to build a strong town club. Never let someone who supports another club buy yours.

*Some may disagree with this assessment :LOL:
The Cricketers … great pub for footy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here