Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Gigs / Concerts you're going to miss in 2020

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I'd suggest that Killing Joke are most certainly better now than they were then. Their show at the Concord II a couple of years back could well be my favourite ever gig.

Yeah, seen them a couple of times in the last 4 years, absolutely brilliant. Their last 3 albums, Absolute Dissent, 2012, and Pylons, include some of their best - and heaviest - material.

'Geordie' Walker churns out these monster riffs, yet on stage, makes it look effortless! One of the world's most under-rated guitarists.

Think I first saw them at Jenkinsons in the early 1980s!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Some of the gigs being re arrange for the end of the year seem a bit optermistic.

That fat boy slim gig for the NHS staff in October for instance seems a bit soon for a big gathering?

Tend to agree - I know it's 6 months away but does anybody really think large scale events like gigs with 2000+ are going to be sanctioned so soon?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I assume Buble at the cricket ground is off?

The World Health Authority haven’t always got every aspect of this crisis right, but hats off to them for demanding this be cancelled on humanitarian grounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Tonight would have been Dean Wareham at The Concorde 2
also

Robert Forster
The Wedding Present (twice)
Swans
Rustin Man
Teenage Fanclub

oh well :(

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Undertones and Hugh Cornwell
Zombies
Nick Mason changed to October ?
Steve Hackett in November?
Probably would have done a day at Love Supreme.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Never heard of them until you posted this - it's absolutely brilliant :thumbsup::cheers:

Glad you like - always pleases me when that happens :wave:

I can tell you they have made three CDs, all of which are terrific. The first two probably have the edge on the latest release. Mrs T finds much of my current musical interests (e.g. Russian witch house) reprehensible but we both love SPA. I went to see them a year ago at The Garage in Islington, expecting a sparse crowd. They were supported by another band me and the Mrs love called Lebanon Hanover. Mrs T couldn't go so I went on my own. The place was heaving. I was astonished.

This is Lebanon Hanover.....the woman, Larissa Georgiou is German of Romanian heritage, and the bloke, William Maybelline, is from Sunderland. Larissa normally sings, but he does a bit too. On this they both sing. Brilliant lyrics and video too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5ixNXa6Nuc

I also post a She Past Away remix of Babes of the 80s, which is total ear candy, with very amusing lyrics sung by Larissa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vauuwOjIx00

When I saw them, William's first words to the crowd were 'Anyone here from Sunderland?'. I was assuming they were both Germans so this struck me as particularly amusing. :lolol:

And I just have to paste this very nice dance remix :love:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1oSXlU0ZUk

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I have tix for Brian Wilson on May 31st at the Dome. Still not cancelled... I contacted the Dom, who say they are awaiting news from the promoters. Can't see it happening.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Glad you like - always pleases me when that happens :wave:

I can tell you they have made three CDs, all of which are terrific. The first two probably have the edge on the latest release. Mrs T finds much of my current musical interests (e.g. Russian witch house) reprehensible but we both love SPA. I went to see them a year ago at The Garage in Islington, expecting a sparse crowd. They were supported by another band me and the Mrs love called Lebanon Hanover. Mrs T couldn't go so I went on my own. The place was heaving. I was astonished.

This is Lebanon Hanover.....the woman, Larissa Georgiou is German of Romanian heritage, and the bloke, William Maybelline, is from Sunderland. Larissa normally sings, but he does a bit too. On this they both sing. Brilliant lyrics and video too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5ixNXa6Nuc

I also post a She Past Away remix of Babes of the 80s, which is total ear candy, with very amusing lyrics sung by Larissa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vauuwOjIx00

When I saw them, William's first words to the crowd were 'Anyone here from Sunderland?'. I was assuming they were both Germans so this struck me as particularly amusing. :lolol:

You're Lebanon Hanover's bestest promoter. Rightly so, they're special.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
John Hopkins, John Grant, Yves Tumor, Thom York’s, Nick Cave and a Black Midi special seated gig off the top of my head.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
So far Caribou and TGE and I'm expecting not to be able to see W H Lung in October, which is the biggy for me. Was looking at Toot and the Maytals in May, which has been shifted to September, and I can't believe that will happen.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Already missed Wilko Johnson and Norman Watt Roy.
Sweating over OMD at the Albert Hall in September.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Goldfrapp at De La Warr Pavilion in Hasting postponed.

And now my 11-year old is gutted as Little Mix have just recently cancelled their UK tour so no July gig.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I forgot Simple Minds too - although now rearranged for 2021.

Will be interesting to see how that pans out now.

Their support Band for this years Leg of their World Tour was different from the ones who were scheduled to be supporting them for the second leg of their World Tour, which was in the planning stages when the CV Outbreak hit us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here