Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gift for the Albion ticket office

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A year or so ago, around the time of the Villa away game, somewhere or other I floated the idea of a small gift to those who man the ticket office in recognition of the amazing job they do, often in trying circumstances.

That gift would be, specifically, from NSC but also, I hoped, in spirit from all Albion fans.

I finally got my arse into gear this week and some vino is en route to Paul, Rowan and the guys as a small gesture of our thanks.

Just so you know, like.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Good stuff and well done Bozza. I do feel they have been sold short by an inadequate system that has lead to all sorts of extra work. Thoroughly deserved. I buy tickets regularly, so come into contact with them more than, perhaps, a season ticket holder. They do get treated badly, occasionally, by the sound of things. "You've ruined my kids' Christmas.." being a decent example. Paul McGowan is an absolute gem. The ticket staff in the office are a delight. 10/10

Last edited:

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
After my experience today after the presentation, Paul deserves a medal!! Went way beyond the call in terms of time spent with us/ professional attitude, even when his wife was calling him home!

Was wondering about a petition like letter to TB, underlining what an immense job that man does.

With lots of us signing, might help at his next pay review!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
They are very good and very helpful - total customer service and deserve this.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
That's a great touch Bozza.

:thumbsup:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
for the first time in years there is a "can do" attitude on the ticket desk rather than "sorry club rules say....". Paul has set the tone and the rest of the team have followed suit (it's just a shame he's a jock). I actually enjoy queuing in the club shop listening to the excellent customer service, either on the phone or face to face.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The service in the club shop is just incredible. Paul and his team deserve every little bit of praise they get, they put more effort in than any shop team I've ever come across.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Good stuff and well done Bozza. I do feel they have been sold short by an inadequate system that has lead to all sorts of extra work. Thoroughly deserved. I buy tickets regularly, so come into contact with them more than, perhaps, a season ticket holder. They do get treated badly, occasionally, by the sound of things. "You've ruined my kids' Christmas.." being a decent example. Paul McGowan is an absolute gem. The ticket staff in the office are a delight. 10/10

Bollocks.

Should be 11/10. :thumbsup:

Top wining gesture, Bozza.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Totally agree. I have always found Paul in particular to be totally professional, polite and helpful whenever I've spoken to him and the same was true on Tuesday night. The whole team are great in my view.

How do we clone them to supply UK plc calls/admin centres?

Thanks to Paul and the whole team.

ficklefrog

Mar 13, 2009
worthing
They have always been extremely helpful and courteous when you know they have been under extreme pressure and I second all above comments. Well done ticketing team

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Smashin' work Bozza. :clap:

The folk in & around the Tickety Office are STARS one-&-all, & 'tis always a pleasure to pop in there & say hello. How they manage to stay so cheerful - considering their huge workload - is pretty miraculous tbh. Mucho respect. :bowdown:

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Echo all those comments - top work and they deserve it. I've always found them really helpful and efficient. :thumbsup:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I have had plenty of dealings with Paul and in all honesty he and the other staff at the ticket office have been brilliant, can't thank them enough for all there help.

Thank You Paul and all the staff at the ticket office.

Tony & Rose
Bridgend
South Wales
(You know who we are :thumbsup:)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
They are top top people who have dealt with a difficult workload in the last year very very well. The attractive addition of the blond one is also an added bonus!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here