[TV] Ghosts

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Saw Ghost at the Dome a few years ago without really hearing much of their stuff. A very strange evening and I came out unsure of what I had seen and heard but intrigued. Really got into them after that and the last album is the most accessible for new fans. Went to the Wembley gig in 2019 which was great.

Anyone who likes their rock music on the inventive side will enjoy them.

I was aware of Ghost, part of the Swedish scene I love: Horisont and Graveyard et al but failed miserably to give them much of a listen until a chance hearing of He Is drew me in… I find myself captivated by the artistry of Tobias and co and his mesmerising stage presence in particular… it’s an hypnotic mix, which requires a bit of suspension of disbelief at times BUT it rocks.

I intend to see them live as soon as I can.

Any band that can drop this entirely at random, are verging on knowing genius… simple as that:

https://youtu.be/qyxrzUe_TDM

Big shout out to all the Scandi rock and prog bands that feed my music machine x

Jul 7, 2003

How can you not love a song with the lyrics:

If you choose to run away with me
I will tickle you internally
And I see nothing wrong with that

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
thedonkeycentrehalf;9961 830 said:

How can you not love a song with the lyrics:

If you choose to run away with me
I will tickle you internally
And I see nothing wrong with that

Indeed, I love their cover versions too... here comes the sun is wonderfully dead pan and yet alluring with it. Sparks spring to mind when I hear them and that, above all else, tells me I'm witnessing something musically important and (yes) worthy.

Burn the none believers says I.

https://youtu.be/gd4QLcJj-3U

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Charlotte.jpg

Ghosts actress Charlotte Ritchie, what's not to like

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I've really enjoyed the first 2 seasons, it's nowhere near the same category as Mrs Brown's Boys. Some very subtle humour mixed in with the more obvious family-friendly jokes.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Ghosts is a very well written, funny, sometimes thought provoking comedy. So, nothing like Mrs Brown's Boys.

Agree, it's one of the best comedies on at the moment and one of the few that isn't a cringe mockumentary style thing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports