Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Getting to/from the O2

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Going up to the O2 for a concert next week. Thinking of driving up but it's murder parking at the venue at the moment with road closures etc isn't it?

Trains back are an option but the risk of missing them and the faff makes driving tempting.

Anyone driven up and parked a few stops away or similar?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
YourParkingSpace - or a similar app/website - is your friend 👍🏼

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Going up to the O2 for a concert next week. Thinking of driving up but it's murder parking at the venue at the moment with road closures etc isn't it?

Trains back are an option but the risk of missing them and the faff makes driving tempting.

I've never had an issue getting to my Dad's Brighton from the O2 after gigs.

Hell from there I can sometimes get back to Chichester.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

It's only on a Sunday or when train strike disruption you could have issues getting back to the south coast from the O2.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Boat to one of the piers near London Bridge?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You can park near the meantime brewery about 20 min walk.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
I’ve always driven to the 02 and parked in the main car park but last month I took the train from mid Sussex and it was so easy. Home before midnight.

Jul 7, 2003
As long as you get out fairly quickly, you can get back to London Bridge easily. I usually manage to get back to Victoria via Westminster in plenty of time for the last train back to Worthing which guarantees me a seat which isn't always the case if I get on at East Croydon.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
London Bridge the easiest way to get back but last train back to Brighton is at 23:37.

If that was a bit tight, I'd get to Blackfriars and aim for the Thameslink from there as they go a lot later.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
London Bridge the easiest way to get back but last train back to Brighton is at 23:37.

If that was a bit tight, I'd get to Blackfriars and aim for the Thameslink from there as they go a lot later.
This is correct. You can also get a train to East Croydon and change to connect with the midnight train from Victoria.

I'll be at the 02 next weekend also and will be tubing it.

Related to this thread... my wife and a friend are going to the O2 on Saturday night. I've offered to pick them up after and drive back.

I know the O2 has a pick-up/drop-off point near Car Park 1 but have never used it before. Has anyone got any experience? Is it a nightmare? Am I better off telling them to get on the Tube (or something else) and pick them up a few miles away?

I wondered if they were to get a tube in the opposite direction to the masses and pick them up outside Canning Town / Star Lane?

Anyone with recent experience got suggestions?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here